Menu

ELTL 3 Writing Assignment Feedback

Post your ELTL writing assignments here!   

-------------

Here is our assignment from today:

Today's lesson was from ELTL 3, lesson 24.   He was supposed to retell a fable by Aesop.   We also used the book "The Most Wonderful Writing Lesson Ever" for specific advice on writing a snappy beginning and pacing his narration.  

Here is his oral narration typed by me.   He will do part of it as dictation.   (BTW....My son is 9 and in 3rd grade.)

The North Wind and The Sun

An Aesop Fable Retold by **********

“Well, I once blew a whole forest down!†cried the North Wind.

“Well, I once dried up an entire sea!†cried the Sun. 

They were having a very big dispute over who was stronger.  They listed all of their greatest strengths and all of the greatest things they had done.  During the dispute, a Traveler passed by them.

“How about we have a contest,†suggested the Sun, “over who is stronger.  Whoever can strip the Traveler of his cloak will win.† The North Wind agreed.

The North Wind tried immediately to tear the cloak off the Traveler.  He sent a howling gust of cold strong wind.   But, the harder he blew, the harder the Traveler hung on to his cloak.   The North Wind used all his strength, but still he could not tear the cloak from the Traveler.

Then, the Sun started to shine after the North Wind was done.   The sun started gently, but then he grew hotter and hotter until he was so hot that the Traveler had to take off his cloak and hide under a tree.  

Edited by TheAttachedMama