Menu

Two Dolciani questions re: Pre-A(MSM 1 & 2 or Accelerated) and Algebra 1

GettingThere

First, I want to thank all you wonderful folks that have given your time over the years to help each other.  I have gotten on these forums many times when researching curriculum and it has been a WEALTH of information!  Recently, while searching for an algebra curriculum, I came here again.

I won't go into details on where we're at because I really just have two questions at the moment and I'm wondering if anyone knows the answers.

1.   I bought a 1962/65 edition of Modern Algebra Structure and Method Book 1.  However, it's the Canadian edition.  Does anyone know of any drawbacks to this?  After a quick glance through the book, I found word problems with measurements in feet and pounds.  It does have all the answers in the back.

2.  I believe I read somewhere that Pre-Algebra An Accelerated Course (1985) is a condensed course of Modern School Mathematics 1 & 2 (1967).  Is that true?  I might prefer to take two years with a younger student.

Thanks for any help!

Kelly

dd 16 (10th), dd 13 (8th), ds 11 (6th), ds 9 (3rd), dd 6 (1st)