Menu

I want to teach Geography using just outline maps and the library.

awesome!! I'll go ahead and get the Josh's then....

I plan to keep it fairly simple. Just grab a book each week, read a bit, color and label the maps, spend only two days per week and then follow that up with Shepperds....

Thanks!

Not to sidebtrack, but...

I also want to do black lines... I got Nat Geo's Kids World Atlas so I would know WHAT to put on the black lines. But the atlas packs in as much as it can so I have a hard time determining which mountain ranges, deserts, rivers, etc are the most important to draw and label.

What sources do you (and others) use to determine this? I'd like 10-15 features per continent, not country specific yet.

• Like 3

Slightly different note...

I used McHenry's Mapping the World with Art and matched that up with reading Expedition Earth and the assigned historical literature for Geography from Wayfarer's. A good combination for learning geography with a strong cultural point of view.

I use the Uncle Josh's maps along with the Trail Guide to World Geography. We don't really use the Trail Guide as a curriculum but someone gave it to me and I use it as a resource to help me tell them what to map and look for. Sometimes I pick some of the questions for them to look up or highlight a specific geographical feature. I'm not sure it's worth purchasing just for that but it works well that way and if you were able to find it inexpensively it might be worth getting.