Menu

LOE Vs AAR

avazquez24

Looking to see if anyone can compare Logic of English (foundations) to All About Reading (Level 1). I'm familiar with AAR as I used levels 1-3 with ODD and DS, but have not seen Logic of English in person and have only seen the few samples online.  I am trying to decide between the two to use for YDD for kinder :)

I've used both. I think LOE has EXCELLENT phonemic awareness activities. And more full body stuff. BUT...it was much more complex to use, and I didn't like the handwriting or that it was tied in with the reading. I also didn't feel like my daughter was really getting it. 

She's done MUCH better with AAR, and it is much more streamlined. I will be sticking with AAR for sure. 

• Like 2

This is interesting! I invested in all of LoE foundations and it has taught my boys how to read easily. I like that it feels more open and go, streamlined, than AAR. but I haven't used AAR personally. I've always wondered about it though. I'll be reading along to learn more. With LoE spelling and reading are included. With AAR. It's separate. I kind liked that it was together.

Homeschooling mama of 4... Preschool 3, preschool 4, 1st, and 2nd:)

This is interesting! I invested in all of LoE foundations and it has taught my boys how to read easily. I like that it feels more open and go, streamlined, than AAR. but I haven't used AAR personally. I've always wondered about it though. I'll be reading along to learn more. With LoE spelling and reading are included. With AAR. It's separate. I kind liked that it was together.

How funny!  Now, I've only used AAR 1 so I can't speak to spelling yet. But It's very quick and open and go. For handwriting she does A Reason for Handwriting, also quick and open and go. The two together were easier for me to do than LOE on it's own, so that's what we did. With LOE I had handwriting cards, raised letter cards, phonogram cards, game cards, etc etc etc. With this the magnetic letters are on the board, the phonogram and word cards are in their box in order, and that's it. Just less to keep track of maybe? I'm pretty unorganized, lol.

• Like 1

Ha! I'm curious about AAR. honestly. But LoE seems to be working. AAS seems to have more parts a pieces, ive read. So what will you use for spelling?

Probably AAS, just because AAR has worked so well. But we aren't there yet.