Menu

So, I am an unsocialized homeschooler and

newlifemom

Okay, I'll try. Up on the right corner of your screen, click on "private messages". Scroll down, looking at the left side of the page. Click on "contacts and friends", or something like that. Scroll to the bottom of that page and type in the name of any friend you want to add, then click "add friend". This will put in a request with them to be friends with you. When they accept, it will show on your control page for friends.

Thanks going to try that. Now my next question. What difference does it make? Not trying to be fresh, just trying to understand the nuances that make up this forum. :001_smile:

It doesn't really make any difference. Just a fun thing, I guess.

You can also just click on someone's name and click on "add to contacts" in the drop down menu. Then follow directions from there. :)

Thanks going to try that. Now my next question. What difference does it make? Not trying to be fresh, just trying to understand the nuances that make up this forum. :001_smile:

It doesn't make any difference. :)

But, since you're unsocialized and I'm anti-social, I figured we should be friends -- so I've added you! :lol:

Another way to do it is: When you are on someone's profile, their Friends list is in the right column. There's a link there to "Befriend [Their Name]."

One thing I saw in our CP user options is the option to only get visitor messages from contacts (friends). Not sure why anybody would want to set it that way, but you never know.

Possibly an "anti-spam" measure -- but the Mods here are really good about bouncing the spammers. Unfortunately, there are a lot of forums out there that don't have such active Mods -- and some that appear to have been abandoned by the administrators altogether.