Menu

Athena's Academy - recorded class option worth it?

For those who have used Athena's classes, would it be worth it to use it recorded? The classes that most interest my son happen to be scheduled on our co-op class day. I would either have to figure out how to get it to work where we are and do it in our car or opt to watch them delayed. This would also mean that I would have to opt out of classes during that time window at our co-op which I would rather not do. Would the experience be diminished doing that?

TIA,

Lucinda

For us, no. My DD adores the discussion component and the class setting, and finds just listening to a class much less engaging (she's continued as a TA at A3 now that she's finished many of the class sequences, just because she loves that dynamic and isn't ready to give it up). DD has done a lot of MOOCs and asynchronous classes, but it's the discussion and the classroom that has made A3 and G3 such a win for her.

Personally for us, recorded would not be worth it. DS likes the interaction. He would find it rather non-engaging if he couldn't be on live. But we do know someone who does it recording only and they are fine with it that way. It depends a lot on your child's personality and if they like to participate in discussion or just listen.