Menu

WWE2 or WWE3 for 9 yr old?

Flowergirl159

So a few years ago, I began WWE1 with her. Don't remember why we stopped using it, but she has fond memories of WWE. 

Since then, I have been pulling together my own copywork, narration and dictation for her. I really want to go back to using a WWE workbook though, saves me time and energy wondering if I am pulling the right pieces together or teaching her the right way.

I am thinking she is in between both levels though.

I am using AAS4 with her if that helps in giving an idea of where she is at. She doesn't particularly enjoy writing the dictated sentences in AAS. We also use SOTW1, and while she has no trouble answering the questions, she can narrate but doesn't like to write out her narration.

I wonder if WWE2 would be too easy, but at the same time I don't want her to miss any important steps that may be in WWE2. Would WWE3 be too overwhelming?

She loves reading and is reading at probably a fifth or sixth grade level, and spelling isn't usually a problem for her either. 

My understanding is WWE2 starts out with copy work and moves into dictation. I have WWE3 and it starts right into dictation. My dd is 10 and while she hasn't been through the first two, I think WWE 3 will work fine. She is a natural speller though, as well as a writer.