Menu

My name is Stacey and I am an abuser of tags.

I like them!

I do! I like them, Sam-I-Am!

Not just one!

Not just two!

Not even three is enough for me!

Nor just four!

Please, mum, may I have some more?

Five, yes, five is grand!

Five, I'm so filled with glee!

They are so good, so good, you see!

I do like tags!

Thank you!

Thank you,

Sam-I-Am!

And now for the explanation:

One of the topics I was following yesterday was Kate CA's question about who won the debate Friday night. I noticed the tags at the bottom were "conservative lies, conservative-rhetoric, liberal lies, and liberal-rhetoric" and thought somebody was getting creative with their tags. Clever. At this point, I didn't realize you could edit others' tags, and thought you could only choose your own.

I posted about the Texas state fair and had fun trying to find off-the-wall but still relevant tags for the topic -- Texas state fair, pig races, discount, Skyway, and chicken fried bacon. Hey, you can choose five tags -- what fun! (Btw, there are pig races at the Texas state fair; chicken fried bacon, too. The Skyway is a ride, and the reason for my post was to look for discount admission deals. Hence the word tag choices.)

Later on I noticed the posts on the winner of the debate were devolving into a ... uh, ahem, (okay, must self-censor because I don't want the red queen moderator to ban me or anything) ... erm, urinating contest (MY man looked presidential and knew his stuff while the OTHER man was rude; no, MY man won because he did a quadruple axel and his hair was still in place when he landed!)

I just thought the posturing was getting silly. I noticed that I could add a tag and so I added the tag "debate weiner" because it sounds so close to winner, and I was trying to be funny and lighten things up, I guess.

Kate CA, in no way was I trying to disparage you or your question. I had no problem with the question/poll. I apologize if I've offended you. I honestly wasn't trying to be offensive or hurt anyone. I was trying to be funny, but I guess without knowing who posted the tag it left some people wondering whether it was a joke or not.

I do have an image of the moderator now as the red queen running around screaming "OFF with her head!" because of the strong reaction. YOU ARE BANISHED FORTHWITH, HENCEFORTH, POSTHASTE and FURTHERMORE, branded with a scarlet B!!!

I miss Charlie! I remember one time he deleted a comment I'd made (do you remember this one, abbeyej?), but he took the time to explain that even though he knew I didn't mean it that way it could've been misconstrued and I appreciated that. I hadn't seen how it could've looked, so it was nice that he took the time to explain why he deleted it and, also, I didn't feel like I'd had my hands smacked with a ruler. SNAP! (Now the moderator has morphed into a nun with a ruler.)

I suppose since I haven't been here for a while and maybe last night's moderator isn't familiar with me and my style she didn't know I didn't mean any harm.

So, I hope this explains my delinquent and juvenile behavior. I promise to keep my silly tags to my own posts and never never ever ever touch yours again. Now, who wants to be my friend? Or is there some banned ladies club I should be checking out?

Disclaimer: For fear of being labeled a red queen hater, debate disser, pig race basher, etc., this poster wishes it to be known that she is not trying to insult Dr. Seuss or any of his stories, nuns with rulers, scarlet letters, the necessity of relieving one's bodily functions, ice skating (or any of its jumps therein), pig races, chicken fried bacon (or any type of state fair food), weiners (debate or of the Oscar Mayer variety), the words forthwith, henceforth, posthaste or furthermore, ad nauseum, ad hoc, res ipsa loquitur, in flagrante delicto, nor does she wish to cause offense to anyone who might be or have a relative or friend associated or involved in or with any of these aforementioned items. Or just let it be known that she doesn't want to fight anymore and just wants everyone to get along and have fun.

My name is Stacey and I am an abuser of tags.

I like them!

I do! I like them, Sam-I-Am!

Not just one!

Not just two!

Not even three is enough for me!

Nor just four!

Please, mum, may I have some more?

Five, yes, five is grand!

Five, I'm so filled with glee!

They are so good, so good, you see!

I do like tags!

Thank you!

Thank you,

Sam-I-Am!

And now for the explanation:

One of the topics I was following yesterday was Kate CA's question about who won the debate Friday night. I noticed the tags at the bottom were "conservative lies, conservative-rhetoric, liberal lies, and liberal-rhetoric" and thought somebody was getting creative with their tags. Clever. At this point, I didn't realize you could edit others' tags, and thought you could only choose your own.

I posted about the Texas state fair and had fun trying to find off-the-wall but still relevant tags for the topic -- Texas state fair, pig races, discount, Skyway, and chicken fried bacon. Hey, you can choose five tags -- what fun! (Btw, there are pig races at the Texas state fair; chicken fried bacon, too. The Skyway is a ride, and the reason for my post was to look for discount admission deals. Hence the word tag choices.)

Later on I noticed the posts on the winner of the debate were devolving into a ... uh, ahem, (okay, must self-censor because I don't want the red queen moderator to ban me or anything) ... erm, urinating contest (MY man looked presidential and knew his stuff while the OTHER man was rude; no, MY man won because he did a quadruple axel and his hair was still in place when he landed!)

I just thought the posturing was getting silly. I noticed that I could add a tag and so I added the tag "debate weiner" because it sounds so close to winner, and I was trying to be funny and lighten things up, I guess.

Kate CA, in no way was I trying to disparage you or your question. I had no problem with the question/poll. I apologize if I've offended you. I honestly wasn't trying to be offensive or hurt anyone. I was trying to be funny, but I guess without knowing who posted the tag it left some people wondering whether it was a joke or not.

I do have an image of the moderator now as the red queen running around screaming "OFF with her head!" because of the strong reaction. YOU ARE BANISHED FORTHWITH, HENCEFORTH, POSTHASTE and FURTHERMORE, branded with a scarlet B!!!

I miss Charlie! I remember one time he deleted a comment I'd made (do you remember this one, abbeyej?), but he took the time to explain that even though he knew I didn't mean it that way it could've been misconstrued and I appreciated that. I hadn't seen how it could've looked, so it was nice that he took the time to explain why he deleted it and, also, I didn't feel like I'd had my hands smacked with a ruler. SNAP! (Now the moderator has morphed into a nun with a ruler.)

I suppose since I haven't been here for a while and maybe last night's moderator isn't familiar with me and my style she didn't know I didn't mean any harm.

So, I hope this explains my delinquent and juvenile behavior. I promise to keep my silly tags to my own posts and never never ever ever touch yours again. Now, who wants to be my friend? Or is there some banned ladies club I should be checking out?

Disclaimer: For fear of being labeled a red queen hater, debate disser, pig race basher, etc., this poster wishes it to be known that she is not trying to insult Dr. Seuss or any of his stories, nuns with rulers, scarlet letters, the necessity of relieving one's bodily functions, ice skating (or any of its jumps therein), pig races, chicken fried bacon (or any type of state fair food), weiners (debate or of the Oscar Mayer variety), the words forthwith, henceforth, posthaste or furthermore, ad nauseum, ad hoc, res ipsa loquitur, in flagrante delicto, nor does she wish to cause offense to anyone who might be or have a relative or friend associated or involved in or with any of these aforementioned items. Or just let it be known that she doesn't want to fight anymore and just wants everyone to get along and have fun.

You cannot, my darling, even label your own threads. You must be nice, according to the sticky, and not abuse labels.

I have some decaf labels I'll send you to help you break the association, if you want. Detox is hell.

Okay, I didn't put the "awesome post!" tag on there, but thank you to the person that did.

Now I've learned that you can add 5 tags to your own post, and then other people can add tags to your post. You can edit your OWN tags to your post, but you cannot edit anyone else's tag that he/she has put onto your post.

Now I wonder how many tags can be added to a single post. If I remember when I added to the debate post, I could've added two tags. I think that's right, but I don't remember for sure.

Pam, I guess the tricky part is figuring out what's offensive or not. I thought the purpose of tagging was to use as many different phrases connected to your picture/post/blog/work so that it's easier to find in a search engine.

I do have a headache though, so maybe I should ease up on the caffeine today. Reminds me, wasn't there a post about migraines earlier? I'll have to find it and recommend that book Heal Your Headache.

An experiment:

Please do me a favor and post a tag onto here, so we can see how many tags are allowed on a post.

I started with tagaholic, red queen, debate weiner, Sam-I-Am, banned ladies club

It automatically alphabetized them and reduced the uppercase letters -- neat feature.

I've already thanked the person who added "awesome post!"

Someone added "loquacious troublemaker" -- must've ruffled someone's feathers in the past ... can't win them all, I suppose

Someone else added "tag abusers anonymous"

So in the interests of finding out how many tags are allowed, feel free to add a tag!

Then I guess we'll have to wait and see if the moderator chooses to delete any and ban anyone. Oh, the anticipation!

Edited by Apiphobic

I thought we could edit others' tags, too. I can't seem to do it though. What's the secret?

Oh, sorry, Elaine, I forgot. If you look at the bottom of the page you should see the list of tags for this post. On the far right corner of the box is a link to "Edit Tags." Click on that and see what comes up.

I can only edit the ones I entered.

Yes, I think only the moderator can edit others' tags. I can only edit my own tags, too.

I noticed in my original post I'd said, "At this point, I didn't realize you could edit others' tags, and thought you could only choose your own." I meant that I didn't know you could add tags to other people's posts. I thought you could only add or edit tags to your own posts.

Edited by Apiphobic
original post wasn't clear about editing tags in other people's posts

I thought it was a great post. I am a dunce because I didn't even realize you could put tags on a post.

I decided to add one....:lol:

You never know how someone is going to perceive what you write. There are some very soft toes here. That's why I wear steel toed sneakers.....

There are also some great hearts and people willing to step up like you did with alot of humor.

Now I know how to add tags....that is way cool. See, I even learned something from you......:D

Kudos to you for fessin' up! :D

Thank you. I would've posted sooner, but *sobs* ... I was banned. :crying:

Just for fun and to test the tag feature, which I've been afraid to try previously, I added two tags, the maximum I was permitted.

Cool feature!

Thanks for your help. Glad you liked it!

I thought it was a great post. I am a dunce because I didn't even realize you could put tags on a post.

I decided to add one....:lol:

You never know how someone is going to perceive what you write. There are some very soft toes here. That's why I wear steel toed sneakers.....

There are also some great hearts and people willing to step up like you did with alot of humor.

Now I know how to add tags....that is way cool. See, I even learned something from you......:D

Thanks for the compliment and the kind words. Glad you were able to play with the tags, too.

I've found the tags pretty amusing myself. Looks like you're up to about 17 now... ;)

Oh, thank goodness! I guess 18 is the limit?

Thanks to all for your help and for your kind words! It means more than you know. :001_smile:

LOL!

I'll admit when i first read about the tag feature, I was overcome by a perverse desire to start labeling things with all kinds of random weirdness. I resisted, but I see some of you other ladies have not!

This was my train of thought:

"hahaha, it would be SO FUNNY to give this random thread the tag of X!" :lol:

"can moderators see who gave a tag?" :confused:

"hmm...probably so. I would probably get in trouble." :tongue_smilie:

"I will refrain...for now." :chillpill:

I've never used a tag...don't care about them, but I just about died laughing when I just saw the sticky about "bad" tags and that the mods can see them. Who would do such a thing?? :lol:

umm ... bad girls?

DANG IT! Now I've got Donna Summer on the brain!

Tags, what tags, lalalala...

Oh, yes, they've done away with tags on your clothes now. They just print them on the backs of your shirts, etc. A neat invention! :D

LOL!

I'll admit when i first read about the tag feature, I was overcome by a perverse desire to start labeling things with all kinds of random weirdness. I resisted, but I see some of you other ladies have not!

like a kid in a candy store who wants to try it all! :party:

This was my train of thought:

"hahaha, it would be SO FUNNY to give this random thread the tag of X!"

"can moderators see who gave a tag?"

"hmm...probably so. I would probably get in trouble."

"I will refrain...for now."

Yes, I figured the moderators could see who posted what, but I didn't think it would offend anybody. So I was banned and unable to explain until too late.

We're up to 25 now! :thumbup:

...I was overcome by a perverse desire to start labeling things with all kinds of random weirdness...

Yes, I really wanted to go through and give all posts a tag of "animal", "vegetable", or "mineral".

Or... "earth", "wind", or "fire"?

"person", "place", "thing", or "idea"

or...

I'm afraid I couldn't care less about searching by tags. But I consider the entertainment value high.

And I also like that I can hover over a tag and see what a post is *really* about (okay, not if they're really all just labeled, "animal", "vegetable", or "mineral" -- I'll grant you that). I mean, if someone has posted about how the end of the world is coming because "them thar furriners" are going out to destroy us all, and it's starting with her inability to buy her favorite brand of cookies.... But the thread is labeled "canning tomatoes" in the poster's attempt to disguise her true purpose... Well, in that case, I appreciate having tags that say "eschatology", "xenophobia" and "whining"!

I like how one can search by tags. So when people are all "I hope this doesn't get bitter" we will be able to find that thread a year later.

:lol:

Honestly? I haven't used the tags to search here. :blushing:

I figure they're too vague and will pull up way too many posts.

Well, I think we will probably need to search all the threads on booKcases or teA! So, those will come in quite handy. :lol:

Must've missed those stories.

Well...I can't add more tags.

:(

It looks like 25 is the limit.

Bad tags, bad tags, what cha gonna do?

I need a high five smilie! :D

It say this post has the maximum number of tags allowed. So I guess the total you can have for each post is 26.

Oh, I thought it was 25. Plenty anyway.

Yes, I really wanted to go through and give all posts a tag of "animal", "vegetable", or "mineral".

Or... "earth", "wind", or "fire"?

"person", "place", "thing", or "idea"

or...

I'm afraid I couldn't care less about searching by tags. But I consider the entertainment value high.

And I also like that I can hover over a tag and see what a post is *really* about (okay, not if they're really all just labeled, "animal", "vegetable", or "mineral" -- I'll grant you that). I mean, if someone has posted about how the end of the world is coming because "them thar furriners" are going out to destroy us all, and it's starting with her inability to buy her favorite brand of cookies.... But the thread is labeled "canning tomatoes" in the poster's attempt to disguise her true purpose... Well, in that case, I appreciate having tags that say "eschatology", "xenophobia" and "whining"!

Oh, those are good. Red, white or blue? Lions, tigers and bears, oh my? Grammar, logic or rhetoric? North, east, west, south? Breakfast, lunch, dinner? John, Paul, George, Ringo?

Entertainment value -- yes, that's a good way to see it. I missed the canning tomatoes one, too, dagnabbit.

Thanks again, everyone, for the kind words and for helping play tag.

• 1 year later...
Guest Virginia Dawn

Lol! I was just thinking how funny some of the tags on resurrected threads are. I didn't realize this was resurrected till I saw the dates after the posts. And here I was going to say Hi to Pam who hasn't been seen for a while.

P.S. This is the only resurrected post I have opened, and probably the only one I will post in. :-)