Menu

KISS Grammar - What age?

After having used R&S for some time, we got really bored and fed up with it. It took ages to just get to the point, and I had to wade through the book to find something to learn for my boys. We went ahead and printed out the first book (I believe it's level 1 - grade 2) from the KISS grammar website. First few lessons were great, but we're now completely stuck on complements. Is this basic grammar for this age or is it advanced? Any tips on how to get over this hurdle? We really, really do like KISS, and it gets done, but they just don't get what a complement is. We watched a few YouTube videos and I tried to explain it in different ways, but no success.

Edited by ChocolateMomster

The grade levels on the KISS workbooks indicate the reading level of the text. Learning complements is *not* typical for first or second grade. When we used it briefly, I found it best to take turns doing sentences. On my turn I'd talk through my thought process. On my dd's turn, I'd prompt her with the questions. Even so, it ultimately ended up being too much for my DD.

• Like 1