Menu

Middle-of-the-Road online French class

I'm in search for an online French 1 class that is what I would call middle-of-the-road for my 9th grader.  I don't want a super intense class that takes up all of our time, but on the other hand, I don't want a cake-class either.  I'd be happy with an online class that is comparable to a public school French 1 high school class.  Thank you for any suggestions!  

p.s. My youngest daughter (6th grade) takes French 2 with Mr. G of Currclick.  He is fantastic and she loves the class, but I wouldn't consider it hard enough for my 9th grader without supplements (am I right?)

Edited by foofoobunny

We were with CLRC 2 years ago for High School French 1. The teacher used a different book from Memoria Press. There's a new teacher now who happens to use Easy French, which I own and love. It's going to be a small class that is not going to be super difficult or time-consuming. With our other clrc classes, the teacher adapts to the students because classes are small and students are able to give immediate feedback. DD had a class with Mr. G at the same time. It's not a high school class but it's good for what it does and that is to introduce French. 

http://www.clrconline.com/high-school-french/

• Like 1

I really like the look of WTMA French 1. I emailed with the instructor and she was very helpful. You might contact her to help decide if it would be a good fit for your student. I chose to enroll my DD. she'll be young for the class, so I expect it to be quite a challenge for, but one that she can handle.

It sounds as if the French classes through Debra Bell's Aim Academy would work for you. My dd has been taking French through Aim the last two years, and my rising 9th grade ds will be in their French I class next year.

Agree, after taking their french 2 Edited by madteaparty

If you don't mind a Christian school, Madame S. at the Potter's school is terrific. My daughter has taken several years of French with her.

I've looked into Potter's School, but it looked pretty intense.  I don't want her spending anymore than an hour per day on language.

Potters school

Aim Academy/Debra bell ( we took French 2 there)

WTMA academy ( we are considering this for German 1--I like that it meets more than once a week)

It sounds as if the French classes through Debra Bell's Aim Academy would work for you. My dd has been taking French through Aim the last two years, and my rising 9th grade ds will be in their French I class next year.

Thanks, I will look into Aim Academy.  Can you tell me how long your dd spend on French each day?