Menu

RS spelling or Building Spelling Skills

I asked about CLP's program a week ago and didn't get any responses.  It is a Cathy Duffy "Top Pick", and I tend to like her Top Picks.  One issue I had was that the 5th? grade book covers geographical terms.  I thought that seemed a bit odd for spelling, and I'd prefer to leave geographical locations to our geography lessons.   I wish there were more reviews of this (or more sample pages), because it looks really good overall.

I ended up going with R&S because I had an old copy of DD's 4th grade R&S book with only 5 lessons completed.  Since that was covered, I figured I might as well use R&S with my other two.   :lol:  It also seems to get consistently good reviews here.  I can tell you we quit using this because my natural-speller DD was taking 40 minutes per day on this book.  I've since discovered it takes most kids 10-15 minutes per day.  She did have a hard time reading their cursive font (although she could read the cursive print in her cursive program), so we spent some time "transposing" the words into manuscript.  I'm hoping for better success with children 2, 3, and 4!

Edited by Holly
  • Like 1

I asked about CLP's program a week ago and didn't get any responses.  It is a Cathy Duffy "Top Pick", and I tend to like her Top Picks.  One issue I had was that the 5th? grade book covers geographical terms.  I thought that seemed a bit odd for spelling, and I'd prefer to leave geographical locations to our geography lessons.   I wish there were more reviews of this (or more sample pages), because it looks really good overall.

I ended up going with R&S because I had an old copy of DD's 4th grade R&S book with only 5 lessons completed.  Since that was covered, I figured I might as well use R&S with my other two.   :lol:  It also seems to get consistently good reviews here.  I can tell you we quit using this because my natural-speller DD was taking 40 minutes per day on this book.  I've since discovered it takes most kids 10-15 minutes per day.  She did have a hard time reading their cursive font (although she could read the cursive print in her cursive program), so we spent some time "transposing" the words into manuscript.  I'm hoping for better success with children 2, 3, and 4!

I have noticed that almost no one here mentions CLP's program. Thank you for the feedback. 10-15 minutes is great. :)