Menu

Favorite games for age 5 or thereabouts? Ideally ones we cam all enjoy?

madteaparty

My 5 yo likes Racko, Qwixx, Sleeping Queens, Memory, and Rat a Tat Cat. Though I must say that he plays by his own rules to some degree in Racko, Quixx, and Rat a Tat Cat. I think he could play Quixx fine, and I know he can play Rat a Tat Cat properly, but he prefers to march to the beat of his own drum. Oh and he likes Monopoly Jr...but I don't have the patience for that one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 5 year old and I love to play those wooden peg games. Lots of math involved. I picked up a kit like this at the thrift store and they're so simple but so fun. Plus the instructions are on the wooden games so that makes it easy.

http://www.amazon.com/Wooden-Peg-Game-Assortment-Child/dp/B0035RNJ4O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459664645&sr=8-1&keywords=Wood+peg+games

• Like 1

My 4.5 year old loves several games from SimplyFun - Walk the Dogs, Share-a-Berry, and Digger's Garden Match.

My kids at that age have also like Feed the Kitty, Uno, memory, go fish, and Zingo.

A great one for the whole family is Tenzi.

Two others we play as a family, with some extra help for her, are Qwirkle and Dixit.

• Like 1

My son could play anything at 5 with modifications made for his low reading ability. I think Clue was his favorite as a 5yo (he's 6 now). He loves lots of the already mentioned games so I won't repeat those. He loves Race to the Treasure, Obstacles, Ticket to Ride, Family Challenge, Scrabble Jr, Tic Stac Toe, Scotland Yard, Rapidoodle, and Curious George Discovery Beach. His current favorites are Machi Koro and Forbidden Island.

• Like 1