Menu

adult coloring books...

SparklyUnicorn

My New Year's resolution was to their tangle or color every day and, even though some days it can be a tight fit, I'm glad I made the commitment. Those 15- 30 minutes I take really help to focus my mind and give me a sense of rejuvenation. Occasionally, I have an hour slip by completely unnoticed. Those are the best days.

• Like 1

I think it's funny that Dover has had these types of books available for at least a decade and suddenly they're the "new" thing.

I do have a few of them. I color while I am "watching" TV because it makes me feel productive. I know I'm not, but it makes me feel like I'm not totally wasting my time.

I started out using our family set of prismacolors but then changed to cheap crayons pencils. I just didn't think it worth the expense of the prismacolor when I know it's going to end upon the trash.

Edited by TechWife
  • Like 1

I like coloring and zentangling, especially while listening to a podcast or audiobook so I can scribble quick notes from my listening if need be. I only have a pattern coloring book - not actual detailed pictures - I'd probably not enjoy those, but I might try one one day, just to be sure.

I like coloring and zentangling, too, but I like the real pictures more than the geometric patterns. I love all the Johanna Basford coloring books.i enjoy doing them, BUT I generally only do them when there is a lot of open time. I did them with my kids during Christmas break, and then gain when we had the big blizzard that cancelled everything for a week.

I think it's funny that Dover has had these types of books available for at least a decade and suddenly they're the "new" thing.

I do have a few of them. I color while I am "watching" TV because it makes me feel productive. I know I'm not, but it makes me feel like I'm not totally wasting my time.

I started out using our family set of prismacolors but then changed to cheap crayons pencils. I just didn't think it worth the expense of the prismacolor when I know it's going to end upon the trash.

When I was a kid, I loved Dover coloring books and also a set of coloring books called "Designs for Coloring." They were geometric pattern coloring books just like some that are popular now. But I do remember I and my sisters loved to get those Designs for Coloring books for Christmas.