Menu

Veritas Press Online or Veritas Academy

Sheri

Can anyone fill me in on how this works? I'm really thin on any details or even if the Online or Academy is the same beast. I just found out today that our church has been approached by Veritas to rent out some space for classes that meet 2x/wk. I found some information at the Veritas Press site, but I am not satisfied and am hoping ya'll have some more information to share. All I know is that it is-- "support for homeschoolers". This took me by surprise and I don't even know enough about it to get excited.

I'm not sure if it is setup more like a co-op or day school and whether there are actual teachers or more like 'helpers' during a video conference type class.

I'd appreciate any light you can shed on this for me!

Veritas Press and Veritas Academy in PA are separate things. The Detweilers started them both, but have recently resigned from the school to devote more time to the Press and to have more time to support the home school community. I think the Veritas Academy you are talking about is probably different than the Academy in Pa and the Veritas Press. I would contact the the Academy there to see what they are offering. If it is the VP Online classes I can fill you in on those. They are live class. Everyone has a microphone. The teacher can mute or unmute a student, therefore there is dialogue back and forth. The teacher assigns and grades papers and exams, they report to the parents on a regular basis about the students progress, and they offer transcripts. The grammar school classes with work a little differently. The teacher will teach the students, but will post on a website the assignments and supplemental work that needs to be completed at home. The technology is the same for both. I hope this makes since. I am better at talking about it than typing about it.

Yes thank you, Julie, you made perfect sense to me. :) I didn't know for sure if the Academy and the Press were the same. If you google 'Veritas Academy', a large variety of results come back from all over the US.

I'll be talking to our church some time this week about all this, for sure!

Thanks