Menu

Exercise Thread - March 13-19

KathyBC

Sunday was a 90 minute yoga class

Monday, 4 mile run followed by kettlebell lunges, pull-ups, swings, ab rolls and snatches.

Tuesday, 60 minutes of yoga.  I tried a new class on yogaglo and I didn't care for it, but I still did yoga, which is good.  I'm getting increasingly picky.  I may drop having that service soon and stick to do things myself. 

Slache, that video is amazing. It's like doing slow, graceful lunges in every direction.  

• Like 3

Kathy, thank you! Every time I share that with someone they're like "Oh that's easy. I can do that." No it's not and no you can't. It's hard!

Kim, lunges in every direction? Just take the fun out of it why don't you. :P I bought that spiky mat thing. I don't think it's the most amazing thing ever to have existed, but I do like it. I think it's loosened my shoulder knots a lot. I hope you're the one that was interested in that thing, otherwise disregard this post.

• Like 2

Sunday rest day

Monday Zumba and upper body strength training

Today: 1 hour hike. Hoping I do my lower body workout... :huh:  I haven't quite adjusted to DST. I would normally have time to get to the gym for it. I could do it at home, but it's so much easier to find ways to put it off at home. Once I get to the gym, there is really nothing else to do---unlike at home!

• Like 2

I'm going to try that Tai Chi .

There's a lot more to it than appears. Important posture and such. I would search youtube for how tos. I'm doing Tai Cheng from beach body. It's fabulous. I got Essentials of Tai Chi and Qui Gong from the library and it's a joke. I highly recommend Tai Cheng if you can get ahold of it.

• Like 1

Kathy, thank you! Every time I share that with someone they're like "Oh that's easy. I can do that." No it's not and no you can't. It's hard!

Kim, lunges in every direction? Just take the fun out of it why don't you. :p I bought that spiky mat thing. I don't think it's the most amazing thing ever to have existed, but I do like it. I think it's loosened my shoulder knots a lot. I hope you're the one that was interested in that thing, otherwise disregard this post.

:lol:

Yes, I had been looking at the mat. It's on my Amazon wish list. :)

• Like 1

So my dd21 and I met up with friends for dinner at a pub last night, and I may have had a little to much to drink.. :tongue_smilie: ....Running this morning was very hard. Everything has been going a bit slowly.  But I did run 4 miles (with plenty of walk breaks) and then came home and did 2 rounds of Turkish Get-ups and renegade rows.  

I have company coming tonight, so I'm baking cakes and cleaning, but I would like to get 30 minutes of yoga in. 

• Like 3

Yoga today.  I didn't go to the city today, which is where I normally do hot yoga.  Today I stayed home and did an intro to 2nd series Ashtanga, via YogaGlo.  I loved it.  

Anyone watch Modern Family?  Last night one of the plots featured yoga, going at all of the stereotypes.  It was funny, even if it was unrealistic.   

• Like 3

Busy day between work and St. Patrick's Day cooking/baking. 

But. I did my First. Push-up. Ever.  That's a full push-up with toes, not knees on the ground. I am almost 60 and I had never done one before. I could do knee-push-ups when I was an athlete in college, but that was it. I started out doing wall push-ups over a year ago, then worked steadily down to push-ups on the kitchen counter, then on the deck railing, then down the steps leading up to our porch. Last August, I was within striking distance but hurt my shoulder and had to start over again. 

So tonight was a major milestone for me, even though I am sure there are lots of you out there for whom push-ups are a normal thing! I'm excited!

• Like 5

But. I did my First. Push-up. Ever.  That's a full push-up with toes, not knees on the ground. I am almost 60 and I had never done one before. I could do knee-push-ups when I was an athlete in college, but that was it. I started out doing wall push-ups over a year ago, then worked steadily down to push-ups on the kitchen counter, then on the deck railing, then down the steps leading up to our porch. Last August, I was within striking distance but hurt my shoulder and had to start over again. 

So tonight was a major milestone for me, even though I am sure there are lots of you out there for whom push-ups are a normal thing! I'm excited!

I have to pop in to congratulate you! That is awesome, working up to a push-up is hard stuff- go you!

• Like 1

:hurray:

That's terrific!  Good work.  I know that it is very hard.  

My pregnancy fatigue seems to be going away and I did some Tai Chi, went on a hike and I'm not dead. I found a 10 minute arm thing I need to start doing twice a week because my super sexy arms are gone and have been replaced by what my mother lovingly referred to as sausage links. That 2 months of fatigue really did me in health wise. I'm looking forward to feeling human again.

• Like 1