Menu

We are FUNNY...

We're like kids at Christmas. Oooooh...a new feature. I'm ridiculously happy to click, "Add friend."

But at some point it ocurred to me...wait...I think these were my friends anyway. Right?

But *grin* now it's so...official.

I'm embarrassed to say...I'm having fun. I mean...I always do have fun here. I've been shirking school & house & kids for a long time here, so this is really nothing new, but..:D

This is so funny! I've been away from the boards for such a long time, and popped in. And guess what? I got a friend request! And I was sooooo tickled! Someone remembered me and wants to be my friend!

It honestly made my day. How silly is that?!

LOL!!!

Ria

This is so funny! I've been away from the boards for such a long time, and popped in. And guess what? I got a friend request! And I was sooooo tickled! Someone remembered me and wants to be my friend!

LOL!!!

Ria

I was just wondering about you this morning. I've missed you!

It's kind of funny going through and adding people as friends though - I hope people aren't seeing my requests and thinking WHO is that??? ha! I've not been terribly active on the board but I'm sending requests/befriending people I "know" from other boards or ones here whose posts I enjoy. That's what will come next right? The rejected friend request.....imagine the conversation we can get out of that!

LOL!!!

Ria

Of course we remember you, Ria!!! :001_smile: You are missed!!!

If you accept someone as a friend, does that automatically make you one of their friends as well or do you also have to send them a request? :confused:

Yes, if your receive a friendship request from someone and accept it, then you are both friends. You should see them on the friends link on your profile.

I'm going around and randomly hitting up people to be my friend. I don't know what I'll do when someone turns me down.

I was breezing thru these posts, laughing gently at "us", and as I blew past yours my eyes saw this:

I don't know what I'll do when someone turns me on.

Friends can be such a dilemma, no? :lol:

You won't ever break up with me, will you Sleepy???

Gosh, no! Friends for life, we are! :D

Actually, I kinda wish that button wasn't even there... what if I accidentally click on it and hurt someone's feelings? :confused: (or, more likely, what if my 3yo clicks on it?)

Dear WTM Forum member: Sleepy doesn't love you any more and has chosen to break your friendship. And your heart.

I think this is a nice distraction from real life today. No worry about the stock market, my headache or the ear implants:bigear:...Although, the server is terribly busy...

We're like kids at Christmas. Oooooh...a new feature. I'm ridiculously happy to click, "Add friend."

But at some point it ocurred to me...wait...I think these were my friends anyway. Right?

But *grin* now it's so...official.

I'm embarrassed to say...I'm having fun. I mean...I always do have fun here. I've been shirking school & house & kids for a long time here, so this is really nothing new, but..:D

I'm confused. I appreciate that you "invited" me to "be your friend", but I guess I don't get it. Is there some purpose to that whole thing? It seems way too much like a junior high party or something...or maybe (probably) I'm just not as much fun as the rest of y'all.;)

I think it's just plain fun, and not something to think too hard about.

(You'll be my friend, right? You know with the rep system gone and all I need a new way of measuring my self-worth...)

I was breezing thru these posts, laughing gently at "us", and as I blew past yours my eyes saw this:

I don't know what I'll do when someone turns me on.

Friends can be such a dilemma, no? :lol:

You can set your mind at ease. I know exactly what to do when someone turns me on.:lol:

I'm confused. I appreciate that you "invited" me to "be your friend", but I guess I don't get it. Is there some purpose to that whole thing? It seems way too much like a junior high party or something...or maybe (probably) I'm just not as much fun as the rest of y'all.;)

FUN-SUCKER!

:biggrinjester:

Here's the thing - for me. I think hard about how I raise my children and what kind of life I'm setting them up for. I think hard about my food choices and find myself in apparent moral dilemmas all to often because of that. I think hard about love, and truth, and the 2008 election. But, honestly, I didn't give this much thought. I just jumped in, head first, arms and legs a-flyin', because the water looked inviting and the others in the pool seemed to be enjoying themselves. Yep, that's me -- just a big follower. :lol:

Here's the thing - for me. I think hard about how I raise my children and what kind of life I'm setting them up for. I think hard about my food choices and find myself in apparent moral dilemmas all to often because of that. I think hard about love, and truth, and the 2008 election. But, honestly, I didn't give this much thought. I just jumped in, head first, arms and legs a-flyin', because the water looked inviting and the others in the pool seemed to be enjoying themselves. Yep, that's me -- just a big follower. :lol:

signs009.gif

FUN-SUCKER!:biggrinjester:

Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to rain on the parade; you know I'm all about keepin' it real.

Maybe that's my trouble. I don't follow easily enough. Lest you think I'm bruising my brain over this, that's not the case. But whenever things smack of clique-ishness (it's a word, trust me;)), I'm wary. Call me crazy. You'll be in good company.:)

Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to rain on the parade; you know I'm all about keepin' it real.

Maybe that's my trouble. I don't follow easily enough. Lest you think I'm bruising my brain over this, that's not the case. But whenever things smack of clique-ishness (it's a word, trust me;)), I'm wary. Call me crazy. You'll be in good company.:)

Aw, you're not raining on the parade. And you're not crazy. You're being cautious, and smart, and you're doing what works for you. That's all good. I think my brain is only set up to squooge on things up to a point, and then...well, I'm too exhausted to go there anymore. Your brain's just bigger, that's all.

Nope. I think you hit the nail on the head. And irl, I'd be standing in the corner feeling awkward. But this is the internet!!! LOL

The "add friends" thing is perfect, though, for those of us who are obsessive-compulsive. (I liked to organize my toys when I was a kid, too.)

Nope. I think you hit the nail on the head. And irl, I'd be standing in the corner feeling awkward. But this is the internet!!! LOL

The "add friends" thing is perfect, though, for those of us who are obsessive-compulsive. (I liked to organize my toys when I was a kid, too.)

Me too. We need an add friends button for IRL. ;)

Heather

Just so you know, I'll be going back through this post, befriending you all!

Now, shouldn't we go ahead and set some ground rules. For example, my Christmas card list is already out of hand. Therefore, I will be sending no cards to you all. So, Merry Christmas, one and all! ;)

Also, gifts - I know we are friends and all, but let's just send out good wishes, ok? :cheers2:

When someone has a baby (we are a reproductive bunch), let's don't do meals. Let's just send pictures of our favorite Pioneer Woman recipe, and let the new mother wish she had that meal! I mean, it is the thought that counts, right? :thumbup1:

Friends are fun, supportive, honest (sometimes, brutally so), kind, generous, and not afraid to "get in your face" if need be. I think we already have that covered, so we must be friends already! :D

I'm going around and randomly hitting up people to be my friend. I don't know what I'll do when someone turns me down.

I was wondering this too lol I have been sending out random friend requests since loggin back on this afternoon. Now to wait for them to reply so I can feel special lol

Now, shouldn't we go ahead and set some ground rules. For example, my Christmas card list is already out of hand. Therefore, I will be sending no cards to you all. So, Merry Christmas, one and all! ;)

Also, gifts - I know we are friends and all, but let's just send out good wishes, ok? :cheers2:

When someone has a baby (we are a reproductive bunch), let's don't do meals. Let's just send pictures of our favorite Pioneer Woman recipe, and let the new mother wish she had that meal! I mean, it is the thought that counts, right? :thumbup1:

Friends are fun, supportive, honest (sometimes, brutally so), kind, generous, and not afraid to "get in your face" if need be. I think we already have that covered, so we must be friends already! :D

Unless Solamichella gets married, then we are all going to the wedding!:D

What??? No gifts??? I'm devastated. I was looking forward to the influx. :lol: