Menu

Veritas Press self-paced courses $100 off

mommy123

Veritas Press has their online self-paced courses on sale for $100 off. You can defer the start date until September if desired. Our family has really enjoyed the history courses, and I'm sure the other courses are wonderful too. It has given my kids great engaging content they can do on their own. It gives me their grades on quizzes and tests. My kids really love it. If you've been considering them, this is a good time to purchase at a great price! Bible courses are only $79. History courses are $99. They also offer Omnibus courses for higher grades. (This is my referral link, so if you buy through it I get a small amount back.) Thanks!

http://209veritaspress.refr.cc/XW38CKP

Sale ends March 21

Edited by mommy123
  • Like 1

ohhh, I am now interested. I was never interested because of the price, but now I am.

I would prefer to order only one self-paced program, instead of three. I have two 3rd graders and one 2nd grader. They will be in 4th and 3rd in the fall. I have only one computer and no other electronics. I would prefer to have only one program for the three of them to work together. Has anyone done this, or is it worth taking turns using the computer so that each has their own program?

ohhh, I am now interested. I was never interested because of the price, but now I am.

I would prefer to order only one self-paced program, instead of three. I have two 3rd graders and one 2nd grader. They will be in 4th and 3rd in the fall. I have only one computer and no other electronics. I would prefer to have only one program for the three of them to work together. Has anyone done this, or is it worth taking turns using the computer so that each has their own program?

If you don't care about grades then they can share.  There are fun games that they would probably each want to try.  You can redo lessons as much as you want in the year you have them for.  The score the first time through the quiz is the only score that counts.

• Like 1

Bfw0729,

My kids did the lessons together last year and I thought it was fine. This year they asked if they could do them separately so are doing that. ( I think they each like to be able to do the quizzes/review games by themselves.) Anyway, just wanted to say I think it can work however you choose to set it up. We have been very happy with the history courses!

So good to hear that I can have the three of them work together.

Do you use anything else in addition to the videos? I have a music CD from VP and the corresponding cards that we use alongside Mystery of History. They are the first set of cards - the ones that start from Creation.

Do you use a timeline with the VPSP?

Just seconding that you can do it either way. My kids have separate log ins, but my niece and nephew share. It works for each of us. We will both be doing it the same way next year.

I add the literature kits... My younger does level one and older level two. Next year they will both do level two.

Just seconding that you can do it either way. My kids have separate log ins, but my niece and nephew share. It works for each of us. We will both be doing it the same way next year.

I add the literature kits... My younger does level one and older level two. Next year they will both do level two.

Do your children read the literature kits on their own or do you use them as read alouds?

This is very timely. I have been seriously considering the VPSP history for this fall with my 3rd and 5th grader, but I also have some questions! (Hope that's ok.) I was hoping to just let them share a login, but can you only watch a lesson once? (Do they have to watch it the same time?) Or can they watch it at different times? I read somewhere that they can only answer the questions once, which I am ok with. It says there are tests and worksheets - does that mean all on the computer or do you actually print something off? I would like to be able to talk to them about what they learned about (I was thinking about just going through the questions with them at the end of each lesson, for example), but is there any other guidance or way to know what they are learning if I'm not watching it? Is doing the once-a-week history cards a good summary of each lesson? I really need to outsource something... I might not even care if I don't know what is going on because they'll likely learn more than they are now! Yet, it would be nice to have some talking points about what they are learning. TIA!!

Yes! My oldest 3 take turns. The first child's grade is recorded on the compute, and the other two report their grade to me whenever they take a quiz. The web site says you can share one account this way!

This is very timely. I have been seriously considering the VPSP history for this fall with my 3rd and 5th grader, but I also have some questions! (Hope that's ok.) I was hoping to just let them share a login, but can you only watch a lesson once? (Do they have to watch it the same time?) Or can they watch it at different times? I read somewhere that they can only answer the questions once, which I am ok with. It says there are tests and worksheets - does that mean all on the computer or do you actually print something off? I would like to be able to talk to them about what they learned about (I was thinking about just going through the questions with them at the end of each lesson, for example), but is there any other guidance or way to know what they are learning if I'm not watching it? Is doing the once-a-week history cards a good summary of each lesson? I really need to outsource something... I might not even care if I don't know what is going on because they'll likely learn more than they are now! Yet, it would be nice to have some talking points about what they are learning. TIA!!

You can repeat lessons and games and everything on there as many times as you want. Everything is done on the computer, but occasionally they will include a odd craft to print, but it's optional. I sometimes just listen in the background while I'm doing housework. Most of the time I just have them tell me back what they heard. I sometimes review the cards and ask questions. It has been a great thing for me to outsource! We can still do history read aloud a together if we have time, but they're learning so much more than what I have time to teach in a day.

How much time per day does your child spend on the self paced courses? Is there a major difference between the bible and history?

There are cards for Bible and History. Optional literature pack books you can add on, but not required.

It takes 20-30 min depending on the day and if they replay the games. Every fifth lesson is just a test and takes 5 min that day.

I don't know about Omni.

Does anyone know if the Bible is similar to the History? Does it have a similar format with the teaching, characters, games, tests, etc? Just curious. We've loved the History, so I'm considering starting the Bible for my second grader next year.

I purchased it but I remember doing something last year so it wouldn't start until sept. Did anyone do that? Do I need to email them? I don't want it to start right now.

It says on the FAQ page that once you purchase the class you get an e-mail to complete the enrollment process.  It is there where you pick your start date and you have 1 year from the time of purchase to begin the class.  

• Like 1

It says on the FAQ page that once you purchase the class you get an e-mail to complete the enrollment process.  It is there where you pick your start date and you have 1 year from the time of purchase to begin the class.  

Yes, They send you a form after you purchase.  That form asks for your start date.  You just tell them when you want it to begin.