Menu

25th anniversary

Supertechmom

So what should we do? It's in 3 weeks, we've never done anything big for anniversaries....but we feel we should do something beyond dinner without the kids. I don't want a party. It's in the middle of the week and too late for either of us to take off much time from work. What have you done for such an occasion?

We are not tied to the *actual date* of birthdays or anniversaries - sometimes we celebrate them weeks or even months after they occur!

So, I would pick the thing that would feel meaningful to you - a weekend at a hotel, a special trip, a more involved camping trip or a special hike or ________, and figure out when you can soonest manage it, time wise and financially, and celebrate then! On the actual day, have a special meal at home or a meal out and spend time planning your adventure.

Congrats!!

Anne

• Like 2

We took off a weekend. We went to NYC and had a great time.

Are your DC old enough to leave one responsible? Take a weekend to a place that doesn't take a lot of travel time (maybe 4 hours) and have fun doing stuff together. Could be mountains, beach, city, etc. Pick out something you both like and do it together.

• Like 1

:)  Congrats!

Our dd was younger.  However, we happened to be in Ohio (where we were married) visiting family.  Unbeknownst to me, my husband called the church/pastor and made arrangements for us to renew our vows.  After our visit, he drove up to the church and asked me to marry him again. 

It was lovely!

Congratulations!

Can you get a day or two off?  Hubby and I always take off for our Wedding Anniversary - that exact day - and we love it when it's during the week as there are fewer crowds then.  What we do isn't always spectacular.  We tend to look for something small - a pretty much unknown museum or attraction or even just a general pretty area to visit and we'll hike/geocache or something.  Then we eat a lunch or dinner together - can be fancy or not - it doesn't matter.  We spend the time talking about everything we can remember that happened the previous year and what is coming up for the next year.

We take a picture each year and those go on our wall.  It's been a terrific recording of us through our lives - fun reminiscing when we look at it.  Obviously, you won't have all the years in pics, but if you take a pic this year, I expect it will still provide some welcome memories when you see it.

It honestly doesn't have to be a long trip or even an overnight trip.  We've had some that were merely day trips.  It's the attitude that provides all the enjoyment - not specifically where you go or what you do.  If you can't get the day off, keep that in mind and do something that evening - movie/dinner/hike - whatever is meaningful to you and reminisce - with a pic.  If desired, as others have said, you could shift the "fun," but I'd still do something that day even if "just" a dinner and chat.

• Like 3