Menu

Like MFW but lighter?

AnniePoo

I cut way back on homeschool curriculum this year, which has made for a streamlined day, but now we're all pretty bored.  Basically, all the fun stuff got cut.  I'm looking to add back in some simple projects & demnostrations  that don't require much thought or planning on my part.  

What programs are out there?  I'd like something like MFW, but that is lighter/doesn't take as much time.  If nothing fits the bill, I may just get ECC and stretch it out over 1.5-2 years.

This is mainly for a 9yo girl, but I'd have a 7yo boy, 5yo boy, and 3yo boy tagging along too.  Huge plus if the program comes with all the required odds & ends.

Check out Memoria Press Enrichment. You can add in extras like an artist and musician study plus recommended books and a little science. It's tailored to the calendar year starting in the fall though as it will have recommendations around the seasons and holidays. It's great because you can go deeper or do it lightly and quickly depending on your interest and time. Plus it's a great price.

We like Simply Charlotte Mason.  It doesn't include everything, but their Free Curriculum Guide gives you suggestions to put everything together.  They also have new Enrichment & Individual Studies Guides, but we haven't used these.  I prefer to gather my own materials.  

Their history & geography programs are very light.  We have a family reading each day, and each age group usually has their own book to read (usually a picture book or chapter of a longer book).  You do a project or two every 12 weeks.  My DC aren't big on history, so this works well for us.  

Edited by Holly