Menu

Final Kiddo!

Pamela H in Texas

The ONE has been found!  

When we started fostering, we weren't sure about adopting.  Once we adopted "the three," we knew we wanted to adopt 1-2 little girls.  A few times we thought maybe those girls were here and sometimes with brothers.  But we just kept plugging along, helping as we could, knowing our daughter would find us....eventually :)

For the past year, we've been desperately pursuing this sibling set of very troubled little girls we knew (we knew the fostermom and did respite 2-5 days per week most weeks for the younger child of the group).  In January, we again were not chosen to be their parents.  I felt SOOOOO guilty but as soon as I got the news, I looked online yet again, wondering if our girly was waiting for us.

Turns out she was!  

That very day, I saw a video of an 11yo girl.  She looked like one of my daughter's friends.  And then I noticed something in her video that impressed me about her.  I immediately called the number.  They had me send in my homestudy and later that week I spoke to the worker.  I got a psych eval and spoke to the CASA.  Everyone seemed to agree things looked good.  

We set up a meeting with the CASA and adoption worker.  That went swimmingly!  I asked to speak to the therapist, teacher, fostermom.  I immediately got access to them all.  

And then Friday, I met our newest (and final!) daughter!!!!  

We had a great weekend. I didn't want to take her back to her fostermom yesterday.  But she will come back and Friday and stay until Wednesday.  So that part is good.  I'm hoping the adoption worker can give us some kind of timeline this week.  My pipedream is her moving in on April 2nd.  That would be amazingly fast.  I'm still gonna hope :)

Anyway, I'm sooooo excited!  Can't wait for y'all to "meet" her :)

Edited by Pamela H in Texas
  • Like 17

• 2 weeks later...

My pipedream is coming true :)  

Kiddo came back Friday and will leave today.  
Adoption worker is going to place her as a foster placement so she can come sooner and then it'll take 4-8 weeks to get all the adoption placement stuff done.  
We will find out next week when she comes for good, either the last week of March or the first of April :)

YAY!

• Like 4