Menu

I need bread machine recipes!

Oh, I've got a great one!! I make this all the time and I'm actually making it today. It's really easy!!

Bread Machine Yeast Rolls

(These are EXACTLY like Golden Corral's big soft dinner rolls... delicious!!)

Add ingredients in the order listed below

1 cup warm water

2 tsp. bread machine yeast

1 tsp. salt

3 tbsp. white sugar

2 tbsp. butter, softened

3 cups bread flour

1/4 cup dry milk powder

Place ingredients in the bread machine and set on dough cycle (you will not be baking in the machine since these are rolls). Press start. After the dough cycle is complete, remove risen dough from the machine, deflate, and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces and form into rounds. Place rounds on lightly greased cookie sheet. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume (almost an hour). Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (optional: mix egg white & 1 tbsp. water in bowl, brush lightly on rolls before baking). Bake 15 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Rub butter on tops.

Enjoy!!

I will give you my simple bread recipe. I usually make this recipe at least once a week.

Wet Ingredients:

1 cup warm water

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup olive oil

2 whole eggs plus 1 yolk,

(I usually take the bread out after it is done rising and form it into loaves or rolls, use the egg white to brush the top of the bread before baking. If you want the bread to finish in the bread machine, just use 2 eggs, skip the extra yolk.)

Dry ingredients:

3 1/2 cups King Arthur bread flour

1 cup King Arthur whole wheat flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 Tablespoon bread machine yeast

Put the ingredients into you machine in the order that it tells you to (ie: Wet first, then dry or Dry first, then wet.)

This will make one large loaf in the machine or two regular loave pans.

Hope this make sense. Have fun with your bread machine.

For a great reference, check out a book called: The Complete Book of Bread and Bread Machines, by Christine Ingram and Jennie Shapter. This book was a gift from my fil and it has lots of recipes for all kinds of bread you can make in your bread machine. It also gives you info about bread machines that was very helpful. ISBN: 1-84309-096-1

I'm looking for a good raisin bread recipe myself, if anyone has one.

Meg, here are two of my favorites. I may have to type the third one out by hand. I'll come back and add it later.

"Daily" Bread

1 1/3 cup water

2 tbsp vegetable oil

1 tbsp molasses [i prefer honey, and add some extra]

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1 cup white whole wheat flour [i use all white whole wheat and it works just fine]

1 tsp salt

4 1/2 tbsp vital wheat gluten

2 3/4 tsp yeast

combine flours and gluten in med. bowl and whisk to combine

Add fluids and salt to pan(I try to remember to add the oil before the molasses, as it makes ALL of the molasses come off of the spoon...), then flour mixture. Make indentation in top of dry ingredients for yeast, add yeast.

Choose whole wheat cycle and start.

This, by the way, makes a 1.5 pound loaf.

--------------

Whole Wheat Yoghurt Honey Dinner Rolls Bread Machine

[When I make these, I add extra yogurt and honey, and OMG! They are so good. Try them with butter and apricot jam if you have it. Heavenly!]

1/2 cup unflavored plain yogurt

1/4 cup milk

4 tablespoons soft butter

1 egg, beaten

1 1/2 cups bread flour [i use plain white, it worked fine]

1 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour

1/4 cup honey

1 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Mix milk, yoghurt, honey and butter in a small mixing bowl, heat in microwave 1 minute. Stir until the butter is melted.

Place ingredients into bread machine according to manufacturers directions.

Select dough cycle.

When cycle is complete, shape dough into 18 equal rolls. [i make more like 9 or so, we eat them for dessert and breakfast]

Place in lightly greased pans. I like to use pie pans instead of a baking sheet. [i use baking sheets with Silpats]

Cover rolls with a damp cloth and let rise about 30-40 minutes or until doubled in size. When using whole wheat flour, I like to set the pans on an electric heating pad set on medium.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.

Brush tops with melted butter.

It's a yeast bread that uses cornmeal. It's a slightly sweet bread that goes great with hearty soups and ham. I just typed this up for my mom yesterday, who requested the recipe. I've made this dozens of times.

Southern Cornmeal Bread Machine Bread

For 1.5 lb loaf:

1 cup water

1 egg

¼ cup skim milk powder (buttermilk powder works well as a substitute

1 ½ tsp salt

2 tbsp honey

2 tbsp shortening

2 ¾ cup bread flour

½ cup cornmeal

1 tsp bread machine yeast

For a 2 lb loaf:

1 ¼ cups water

2 eggs

¼ cup skim milk powder

1 ½ tsp salt

3 tbsp honey

2 tbsp shortening

3 ¼ cups bread flour

¾ cup cornmeal

Measure ingredients into baking pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Insert pan into the oven chamber. Select Sweet Cycle.

I make this one a lot too, and it always comes out great. The cookbook is America's Best Bread Machine Baking Recipes by Washburn and Butt. I got it from my library. There are too many great recipes in there to type out; it's a really great book.

Beer can be replaced with an equal amount of lite beer or water.

Cheddar Beer Bread Machine Bread

for a 1/5 lb loaf:

1 ¼ cups beer

1 ¼ tsp salt

2 tbsp sugar

3 ¼ cups bread flour

1/3 cup buttermilk powder

½ cup shredded cheddar cheese

2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese

1 ¼ tsp bread machine yeast

for a 2 lb loaf:

1 ½ cups beer

1 ½ tsp salt

3 ¾ cups bread flour

½ cup buttermilk powder

¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese

¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 ½ tsp bread machine yeast.

Measure ingredients into baking pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Insert pan into the oven chamber. Select Sweet Cycle.

(Add ¼ tsp dry mustard powder to sharpen the cheese flavor.)

I make this one a lot too, and it always comes out great. The cookbook is America's Best Bread Machine Baking Recipes by Washburn and Butt. I got it from my library. There are too many great recipes in there to type out; it's a really great book.

Beer can be replaced with an equal amount of lite beer or water.

Cheddar Beer Bread Machine Bread

Oh my goodness...I need a "lick yer face off" smilie here.

I made this once. It did not turn out as sweet as I thought it would. I put glaze on it to fix that problem. :) It's from the same book:

Sweet Potato Pecan Bread (has raisins)

For a 1/5 lb loaf:

2/3 cup water

1/2 cup mashed sweet potato

1/2 cup chopped apple

1/4 cup skim milk powder

1 tsp salt

2 tbsp granulated sugar

2 tbsp shortening

3 1/4 cups bread flour

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg

1/3 cup chopped pecans

1/4 cup raisins

For a 2 lb loaf:

3/4 cup water

2/3 cup mashed sweet potato

2/3 cup chopped apple

1/4 cup skim milk powder

1 1/2 tsp salt

3 tbsp granulated sugar

3 tbsp shortening

3 3/4 cups bread flour

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1/3 cup raisins

Measure all ingredients except pecans and raisins into baking pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Insert pan into the oven chamber. Select sweet cycle. Add pecans and raisins at "add ingredient" signal.

(Tip: to increase the height of the loaf, be sure sweet potato is at room temperature. Canned yams can be substituted for the cooked sweet potatoes.)

I found and tested (twice now!) a cinnamon raisin bread recipe for the machine, so I thought I'd come back and share. This bread is AWESOME, and has been approved by my DH, kids, and entire homeschool playgroup :lol:

Cinnamon Raisin Bread for the Bread Machine

Ingredients

* 1 cup water

* 2 tablespoons margarine

* 3 cups flour

* 4 tablespoons sugar

* 1 teaspoons salt

* 2 teaspoons cinnamon

* 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast

* 3/4 cup raisins

Directions:

Add all the ingredients in order given except the raisins.

Add raisins in on the "add in" beep.

Bake on "sweet bread" setting.

[MY NOTES: I soak the raisins first in hot water so they're moist and plump and don't draw liquid from the bread. I also add a full cup :D This recipe is designed to be used with all-purpose flour, but when I made it this morning, I put 2 Tbsp of wheat gluten into a one-cup measure and filled out the rest with white whole wheat flour. I then used only two cups of white flour. No one noticed, and everyone still raved :lol: I'll probably try to do that with another cup the next time I make it and see how it turns out. You also don't necessarily have to wait for the "add in" beep for the raisins. You could add them with all the other ingredients, but they may settle toward the bottom of your bread. One of the commenters on Allrecipes.com (where I found this, though I amended it a tad) said the recipe makes terrific french toast, and I can totally see that. I'll try that too soon!]

Hope it helps someone. I also wanted to bump the thread so those in the homemaking thread can see the recipes.