Menu

Can we discuss,Trial and Triumph, SOTW 1 and the bible?

I want to include the bible in our SOTW 1 lessons, but I'm a little unsure of how to do this chronologically. Does anyone know of any lesson plans that might help me? I also may want to add in Trail and Triumph but have never read this so I would like to get some feedback if you've read it with your dc did you like it?

I have T&T and I know that Ambleside Online schedules it from Yr 1, but my personal view is that there is a lot of content that is too heavy for that age. You would definitely want to pre-read it to determine its suitability for your own children. My eldest daughter read it when she was about 11. In content, T&T probably fits better with the SOTW 2 time period anyway. This is just my personal opinion so others may think differently.

HTH

Linda

Biblioplan sounds like it is exactly what you need. It coordinates Bible readings with SOTW1 and other books. I was cheap, so I made my own plan that coordinated Egermeier's Children's Bible with SOTW1.

I used Trial and Triumph mostly with SOTW2 and 3. I believe just a couple of the first chapters fit in with SOTW1. I spent more time on the life of Jesus and the early disciples (Acts, etc.) with SOTW1.

I liked Trial and Triumph, but I read it aloud so that I could skip some of the gorier parts--it doesn't mince words! You may want to look at another series--Peril and Peace: Chronicles of the Ancient Church. There are two more books in the series for medieval history and the reformation.

Paula's Archives

She has schedules that coordinate SOTW 1 with the Vos Story Bible and Ergermeiers.

I read the Vos Story Bible to my dc last year as we were reading SOTW, and for the most part, the two dovetailed very nicely with no effort to coordinate them on my part. I read a chapter of the Bible to them each morning, and we covered a chapter ion SOTW 1 each week.

I agree with the other posters about T&T.

My ds 8 has enjoyed it this year, but I have done a bit of editing, and generally have found it to be something they will appreciate more in 5th - 8th when we repeat the history cycle.

I second Biblioplan! I have used it for several years and like it very much. I agree with the others that T&T can get a little heavy for the littles ; ). I have started using this series and I like it very much--the vignettes are shorter and more accessible for children. Here's the link to the first book in the series:

Peril and Peace

Paula's Archives

She has schedules that coordinate SOTW 1 with the Vos Story Bible and Ergermeiers.

I read the Vos Story Bible to my dc last year as we were reading SOTW, and for the most part, the two dovetailed very nicely with no effort to coordinate them on my part. I read a chapter of the Bible to them each morning, and we covered a chapter ion SOTW 1 each week.

I agree with the other posters about T&T.

My ds 8 has enjoyed it this year, but I have done a bit of editing, and generally have found it to be something they will appreciate more in 5th - 8th when we repeat the history cycle.

Are these story bibles what the title implies, or just children's bibles? I have a couple of children's bibles so I don't want to buy another if it's the same thing.

We used both of those with My Father's World. Well, actually SOTW-2 and Trial & Triumph -- since those two are of the same time period (as someone else said). And then the following year, we are using the rest of T&T alongside SOTW-3. In the last history year, MFW adds the SOTW Activity Guide, as well.

Julie

Are these story bibles what the title implies, or just children's bibles? I have a couple of children's bibles so I don't want to buy another if it's the same thing.

and Paula asked me if she could post it on her site... we really enjoyed it.. we did T&T whenever it lined up.. there are dates in it so it was easy to use. HTH