Menu

Perspective Timeline Game Rules?

I wasn't sure where to place this, so forgive me is this is the wrong forum.  The WTM recommends a game called, Perspective, that is played with a timeline and cards, so I ordered it used.  It arrived today but there were no rules or directions.  Could someone scan a copy of the rules to me or at least type them up?  Or does anyone know how I could get a copy of the rules/directions?

From memory, so I may not have it exactly right:
You deal out some cards- 4? 6? I think 4... - to each player, with the event side up, so everyone can see them. Don't look at the date side or show anyone that side. Then you take turns rolling the dice. The idea is to get rid of all your cards by putting them down on the board. When it's your turn, you roll the dice, then do what it says - usually play a card onto the board, but possibly skip a turn, draw a card, etc. To play a card, put the card of your choice from your hand down on the board in the appropriate color column. (The cards are color-coded by historical time period.)  If there are cards in that column already, you have to put yours where you think it fits relative to the existing cards. In other words, Wright Brothers' First Flight goes before or after First Moon Landing? (That's an easy one to logic out, but others can be quite difficult.) We play that you can discuss it, as that's the fun/social part, plus it's interesting to talk through it. (Hmmm, the moon landing was on TV, so it must have come after the first TV broadcast...) If someone believes you placed your card in error, they can challenge your card relative to a specific card on the board. Both cards are turned over to check the dates, and if you were right you give a card from your hand to the challenger, and if you were wrong, the challenger gives you a card and the card you put down on the board (in the wrong place) is discarded. We have found it can be played even with folks who aren't history buffs, as there is a certain amount of strategy in the choice of which card to play, and there is an element of chance due to the dice rolling part.

• Like 1