Menu

I can't believe I remembered how to log in...

Denisemomof4

And even had messages!

I usually log in once per year to give an update, and I will be doing that shortly as my RAD turns 13 in just over a week.

I'm not sure I should even share anymore! Did most of the posters I was familiar with change their board names or have most left? I don't want to barge in and share with people who will be thinking, "Who the heck is this?!"

Also, I have been thinking lately of Carpe Diem. She battled cancer and then I think she posted less and I left shortly after. Can anyone tell me how she's doing?

• Like 8

Denise, it's so good to see you again! How is your college girl doing? Did she graduate? I think she's a senior this year but time flies. I have a senior this year but she's taking an extra year to finish a second major in comp sci and a Japanese minor. She only had a few classes left in each and we encouraged her to go for it. She doesn't want to go straight to grad school and a bachelor's in neuroscience only sounds impressive. Good luck finding a job without a masters or Ph.D.

We just turned another loose this year and she's doing pretty well. Freshman year is tough on everyone.

Looking forward to your update!

• Like 1

Denise! :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

Oh.My.Gosh. You have been sorely missed!  By Many! Your wisdom, your candor, your insight, your...ummm... no holds barred, "keepin it real" perspective, has been a collective breath of fresh air here since, well, forever! So ridiculously good to see you surface again. Please come back to this board...you have a mission, you fill a void, you are a voice that desperately needs to be heard...

Sharing is hard.  Sharing is courageous.  Sharing is what "good people" do to enrich the collective good.

I am a pediatric nurse, actually a NICU nurse, who has either quoted you, or paraphrased you, or your insights, for literally, YEARS!  You, and you alone, are directly responsible for enabling me to accurately share with a large number of completely uninformed, but almost certainly in "denial mode," people what a gritty, raw, real life in the trenches, type existence might well be in their future.  I am not exaggerating, when I honestly credit you sincerely, for saving far more than one life!

Not to mention, the serious hard core "old-timers" on this board, loved keeping up with your farm, your livestock, your kiddos, and just for fun, your overall sanity!

You are a WTM treasure with a loooong pedigree!

Welcome back, I hope!

Jen

• Like 6

Denise-please share what's happening in your life.  My RAD "child" has moved on mostly but the outcome hasn't been wonderful, though far better than I used to think was possible.  I look forward to hearing about your life and your family.  

And I too have talked about your experienced with an RAD child to others, people who are unsuspecting.  You really have touched many lives.

• Like 2

Denise! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Oh.My.Gosh. You have been sorely missed! By Many! Your wisdom, your candor, your insight, your...ummm... no holds barred, "keepin it real" perspective, has been a collective breath of fresh air here since, well, forever! So ridiculously good to see you surface again. Please come back to this board...you have a mission, you fill a void, you are a voice that desperately needs to be heard...

Sharing is hard. Sharing is courageous. Sharing is what "good people" do to enrich the collective good.

I am a pediatric nurse, actually a NICU nurse, who has either quoted you, or paraphrased you, or your insights, for literally, YEARS! You, and you alone, are directly responsible for enabling me to accurately share with a large number of completely uninformed, but almost certainly in "denial mode," people what a gritty, raw, real life in the trenches, type existence might well be in their future. I am not exaggerating, when I honestly credit you sincerely, for saving far more than one life!

Not to mention, the serious hard core "old-timers" on this board, loved keeping up with your farm, your livestock, your kiddos, and just for fun, your overall sanity!

You are a WTM treasure with a loooong pedigree!

Welcome back, I hope!

Jen

All I can say is WOW!!! I had to stop reading twice because I couldn't read through my tears!

• Like 1