Menu

Easy Grammar for grade 7/8

Jan Lyn

I'm wondering about this plan. I had written earlier in the week on my daughter really having difficulty with R&S English and getting every area of language arts fit in. On some days, we skip the R&S when overwhelmed and do the Daily Grams for a review before moving on to writing, literature studies and spelling.

Do any of you have an opinion on trying Easy Grammar rather than the R&S English? I ask, as I graciously had a friend give me both the EG and DG. At first glance, I felt a bit overwhelmed with EG as it is simply unfamiliar. Perhaps that might be a good change?

I am finding my daughter cannot do much of R&S herself. I have vocal problems and need to limit my voice also, I should add. Just wondering if any of you can share your experience on this. We have the Easy Grammar Red, which appears to be for grade 7 and up.

Thanks!

Sounds like it is working for both of you. Thanks for sharing....yes, it is the huge red book and appears to be enough for two years. I briefly see that there is no outlining, but it looks like it covers everything. I'm wondering if you both make copies of all the student pages. I have it on loan really and would like my other daughter to try it out in time as well. Wow.....that would be a lot of copying.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Sounds like it is working for both of you. Thanks for sharing....yes, it is the huge red book and appears to be enough for two years. I briefly see that there is no outlining, but it looks like it covers everything. I'm wondering if you both make copies of all the student pages. I have it on loan really and would like my other daughter to try it out in time as well. Wow.....that would be a lot of copying.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I bought the workbook for my dd. I will use the TE for my youngest when the time comes, which I did with my oldest with the 5th grade book when we used it. We just paperclipped a sheet of paper (colored so you couldn't see through it) onto the answer side, and she filled in the student side. If you want to use it again, I suggest getting the workbook. If this is the only time you will use it, then just cover the answers and let your dd do the pages in the TE. :)

Well, we've only been using it for two weeks, but we love Easy Grammar! I'm planning on taking two years to go through one book too.

I'm going to use the book for three kids total, so I just bought the TE - the pages are perforated, so I ripped them all out, hole-punched them, and put them in a binder. Then I just copy the student pages for the week.

I have to say my all-in-one printer/copier is the best homeschooling investment I've made!

i have only used Abeka but i need something for my 8th grader daughter. She used Abeka in 7th grade and struggled a bit. Mainly because i put her in PS for 5&6th grade and they didnt teach grammar.

So where do i order it from?

Can i get it used and in the last few post it said something about just using the teacher edition. Can i use just that and not have to get a student workbook , cause most like she will be the only one using it.

Sorry about all the questions , i'm desperate and need to get her started in Grammar. We have to move next year and need to finish this year up in May so i can start next year a little bit earlier.

Sorry i just had a coffee:tongue_smilie:

thanks for the help!

Easy Grammar is the comprehensive, primary instruction. Daily Grams is review. Most dc will not need to use both.

So where do i order it from?

Most suppliers sell Easy Grammar. I like to order from Shekinah Curriculum Cellar.

Can i get it used and in the last few post it said something about just using the teacher edition.

Maybe.

Can i use just that and not have to get a student workbook , cause most like she will be the only one using it.

Yes.

Sorry i just had a coffee:tongue_smilie:

No worries.:D