Menu

Creative Writing Summer Camps?

My ds15 loves writing and hopes to be a successful published author some day. He has almost completed his first novel, which he plans to self-publish within the next few months. Knowing about his love of writing, a friend of mine recently sent me a list of creative writing camps around the country. Some are multi-week residential camps and some are just day camps. Of course the longer residental camps are way out of our price range, but I don't want to throw money out the window for any camp that isn't worth the time or money. So, I would like to hear from anyone who has sent their child to a creative writing camp, and find out what you and your child thought of it.

TIA

Kim

• Like 3

One Year Adventure Novel has a week long workshop each summer. I've heard good things about it from IRL friends who have gone. I think it bases heavily around their curriculum though.

Hmmm....I looked at that one recently. We looked at the OYAN currciulum a few years and it didn't resonate with my son. Maybe we will revisit it and see what he thinks.

Thanks!

Kim