Menu

Foerster Algebra for algebra I - finish whole book?

I have asked this in the past and was convinced to do it all.   The exception is the chapter in the middle.  The one in my book is on Basic Programming.  More recent editions have something else.  I can't remember what, but I felt it was unnecessary.  It might have been fitting lines to data?

Edited by matermultorum

I have asked this in the past and was convinced to do it all.   The exception is the chapter in the middle.  The one in my book is on Basic Programming.  More recent editions have something else.  I can't remember what, but I felt it was unnecessary.  It might have been fitting lines to data?

We finished the book but skipped the Basic Programming chapter.  Ds took Intermediate Algebra at CC after Geometry.  The vast majority was review for him.

I didn't realize not doing all the chapters was an option. Is there a difference between what Foerster and other algebra I books cover?

Most text-books have more material than a typical B&M class can cover in a school year. Since home schooling is more efficient then more material can be covered.

Common Core Algebra 1 does expect more topics such as Prob & Stats to be covered.

12 chapters for my non-math/science kids

14 chapters for my math/science kids

Skipped prob/stats chapter since it is such a tiny intro as to be not useful. We will cover it later, more fully.

FABULOUS book! I've used it for 4 kids and recommended it to friends.

• Like 1

12 chapters for my non-math/science kids

14 chapters for my math/science kids

Skipped prob/stats chapter since it is such a tiny intro as to be not useful. We will cover it later, more fully.

FABULOUS book! I've used it for 4 kids and recommended it to friends.

Can you specify which chapters non-math kids skipped? The last two, I'm assuming? And what ages were your kids when they did this book?