Menu

Thinking Tree Journals

I'm tempted. But, we are already doing too much. I would have to throw too much out to make room for it. She would love them, though.

I used to make what I called a "morning book". I used colored pencils and a composition notebook to make pages very similar to some of these. We are not morning people, so this was a gentle start to our day. It would be great to have this premade.

I have these on my Amazon wish list and I'm thinking I will pick them up for the summer. I would love to hear some feedback for the mom's handbook vs. the coffee time quiet time book for moms. I'm planning to get a book for all three of us and put together baskets with colored pencils, books, etc that we can pull out for a bit of quiet time and structured work over our summer break.

• 1 month later...

Have you guys seen all the new things she has added lately?

I have the "Are you a math genius?" one. The suggested age group is ludicrous. My 8 year old (in CLE 2 and BA 3a) is having fun with it. You're definitely not asked to use "ALL the math you need in real life." :laugh:

I'm not disparaging it though; it's cute!

I am using them and I really like them! I have several including a few of the library based curriculum individual journals, How to make Money for teens, the 10 subject portfolio and the Charlotte Mason homeschooling journal. Right now we use them daily as a supplement and as ready to go notebooking pages but have used them as stand-alone during rough patches and transitions. My Best friend is using only journals and Life of Fred and it's going really nicely for her family. What would you like to know about them? The Facebook page is really helpful!

We have one, can't remember the title but it's animals/rhymes/sight words. Lots of drawing, coloring, repetition of the poems. DD7 is using it and enjoys it.

ETA: the one we have is a pocket book, very small. Sort of strange, in that way, but I've found the size to be sufficient.

Edited by alisoncooks

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is a few months old but wanted to chime in and say that I LOVE the Thinking Tree journals. I like that they work with just about any books. Even Notgrass: From Adam to Us.

You can read some reviews I wrote. I was given some journals to review and I've bought many as well. I've also made some YouTube videos as well. And here is a list of almost all of them  :001_tt1:

We have been using them for almost a year now. They are pretty flexible. Sometimes we use them with only library books and math and other times with our current curriculum program. They are also great for rainy day schooling, fun Friday schooling, and/or through the summer.  :001_wub: