Menu

Your favorite gutter-cleaning tool?

El...

Our house is underneath a huge live oak.  That gorgeous tree is about to drop about a gazillion leaves, which it does every spring.  The gutters fill up with leaves once a week all year long, and I'm ready to spend some money on a gadget that would make my life easier. 

Any great ideas for this?  My leaf blower is older and I'm willing to upgrade (and by that, I mean I have my credit card at the ready and am annoyed by the imminent job). 

Oh, DH is not the answer to this question... yard work is my thing, but he supports my tool-buying habit.  :)

Ok.  Thank you!  :)   I've been walking around on the roof with the leaf blower, or climbing the ladder.  I hate to do those when DH isn't home, though, because I'd hate to fall off with just the kids around (!!).  Do you have any leaf blower attachment you like? 

Well, I put my dh on side, and I'm pretty sure he attaches the longest, most restrictive nozzle. We didn't buy ours for this purpose, though. For instance it is electric, which is awkward. If I were you I would look at one of the backpack ones like my neighbor uses for his oaks. I don't know if the fuel would be a hassle, but it definitely seems more powerful.

Leaf blower is preferable to the previous method which was him crawling along the edge with a trowel.

• Like 1

I admire you for walking along the roof with a leaf blower!!!

I have a big backpack leaf blower (husqvarna 350), but I would find it scary to use in a roof. It does have a fairly long tube though -- can you reach your gutters from a short ladder, or are they on the second floor?

In any case, if you need a good general purpose blower, it's good.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...