Menu

New here!

Am I posting this in the right spot?

I'm Kathy :) My husband and I have 4 children, ages 14, 5, 3 and 7 months. My oldest is in public school and it looks like she will finish high school there but our younger kids will be homeschooled. Currently we are loosely following Winterpromise's Animal Worlds and Advanced K Language arts, and using Horizons Math, taking science classes at our local science center, and trying to stay outdoors as much as possible when we aren't doing school or chores in the house.

Next year we plan on following The Well Trained Mind for 1st grade and possibly even for myself. My education was horrible and I really don't think I learned anything during my teen years. I'd like to do it over again if I have time. I was thinking of redoing 9-12 grade as my 2nd dd works on 1-4th grades.

Let's see....more about us...we live in Alabama, but both dh and I were born and raised up north. I love to sew, knit, take pictures, and procrastinate, lol!

Hi! Welcome. I'm sure you'll learn lots of great things here. I know I have. You may want to check in on the High School board to help you with your self-education. It sounds like a great idea. I'd love to do it, but just haven't quite managed to get there yet.

Megan

mom of 4dc - 12yo, 10yo, 6yo, 4yo

living in sunny (at the moment) England

• 1 month later...