Menu

Vacations

kahlanne

Just curious and hoping it gives me some ideas. In each of the below questions, the vacations will be anywhere from budget friendly to medium grade not extravagant. Basically something that is attainable for most middle class to save up if they desire rather than out of reach.

1. Where would you like to vacation as a family inside or outside the US.  (or both)

2. Favorite family vacation spot you have already visited.

3. Where would you like to vacation as a couple  either inside or outside the US. (or both)

4. Favorite couple vacation spot you have already visited.

5. To toss budget out the window what would be your dream vacation either as a couple or family?

edited to correct typo

Edited by kahlanne

1. Nat'l parks in the west. Dh and I have been, but kids haven't or were too small to remember--Yellowstone, Grand Tetons

2. Probably the beach in Carolina, but we enjoyed our trip to RMNP.

3.I'd like to go to Prince Edward in Canada with my husband.

4. Corona Del Ray in CA or Svartso in Sweden.

5. Mediterranean cruise with stops in Greece and Turkey and other areas, or safari in Africa (Kenya, with a stop in Uganda to see Bishop Nykoyoto, a friend of ours who runs an orphanage).

1. Where would you like to vacation as a family inside or outside the US.  (or both)

We still need to get to Alaska.  It's the only state we haven't visited.  That said, Africa (Mozambique) was next on our list and had to be scrapped when the economic downturn hit, so that's an option too.

Hawaii - voted tops by all 5 of us.

3. Where would you like to vacation as a couple  either inside or outside the US. (or both)

Bora Bora is my dream trip.

We rarely travel as a couple.  We almost always took our kids with us and preferred it that way.  When traveling as a couple we usually miss not having our kids with us, so it's difficult to pick a favorite.

5. To toss budget out the window what would be your dream vacation either as a couple or family?

Bora Bora to start with, but then we'd compare oodles of other South Pacific Islands to see if it truly is the prettiest or not.   :coolgleamA:

Just curious and hoping it gives me some ideas. In each of the below questions, the vacations will be anywhere from budget friendly to medium grade not extravagant. Basically something that is attainable for most middle class to save up if they desire rather than out of reach.

edited to correct typo

1) Alaskan or Mediterranean Cruise

2) Disney World, Quebec, Mexico Beach, FL

3) Tuscany

4) Cayman Islands

5) 3-4 weeks touring Western Europe

1. National or state parks

2. Richmond, VA- it's central to the beach, mountains, and history

3. Avila Beach CA

4. Niagara Falls, Canada side

5. Europe and Russia tour

Russia.......... hadn't thought about that........... I'd love to go to St. Petersburg.

edited to correct typo

1.  Hawaii!  I was there a long time ago, when I was around 20, but I'd love to go again and with my family.

2.  Budapest, Hungary.

3.  Hawaii.

4.  Istanbul, Turkey and Paris, France.

5.  I'd like to take a trans-Atlantic cruise, and then catch either the Siberian Railway or -- if we're not quite up to the Siberian Railway adventure -- the Royal Scotsman train in Scotland.

6.  I'd like to add a 6th one:  "A recent trip that unexpectedly was very fun!"  I'd list Catalina Island in California and Mackinac Island in Michigan.

1. Where would you like to vacation as a family inside or outside the US. (or both)

3. Where would you like to vacation as a couple either inside or outside the US. (or both)

edited to correct typo

1. England/Ireland/Scotland.

2. Belgium, Ireland

3. Umm..not sure why just as a couple. I'd feel bad not taking our favorite travel companion/human GPS :)

4. Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

5. Biking Belgium and UK

Edited by MEmama

1. Where would you like to vacation as a family inside or outside the US. (or both)

3. Where would you like to vacation as a couple either inside or outside the US. (or both)

edited to correct typo

1. Tons of places, but I'll name two: Yosemite and Thailand.

2. This one is tough, but I'll say France, especially Provence (all the Roman ruins!) and the Loire Valley.

3. Charlotte or Savannah

I also like the look of the Viking River Cruise in Germany and Austria

4. Mexico or Paris

5. Bhutan

An African photo-safari

1. With the current children, I want to travel by train through Europe and China and also see places like Machu Picchu, Angkor Wat, Luxor, and so many more. And I want to go to Jerusalem with them.

2. Yellowstone, Yucatan, Xi'an

3. Pretty much everywhere, but Uzbekistan is the #1 place I want to go with dh.

4. Guanajuato (highly recommended)

5. If money didn't matter, we wouldn't ever stop going places.  There is no place I don't want to visit or spend a few months in, although some places are more appealing than others.

• Like 2

5. If money didn't matter, we wouldn't ever stop going places.  There is no place I don't want to visit or spend a few months in, although some places are more appealing than others.

Ditto.  If money didn't matter we'd live on the road (more or less - spending time in places to really get to know them, not just spending 24 hours or a week and moving on).

I love this thread and being able to let my mind wander along on everyone's trips!

• Like 1

We haven't cruised or done Disney yet, so we are doing a Disney cruise and 7 days at the parks this year.

I also want to do Niagra Falls in he next couple years.

We don't really aim for family friendly per se, but they loved the Big Island of Hawaii and Cambodia (other than they incredible heat)

We did SE Asia last year, I'd love to go back and spend more time in Cambodia and add in Vietnam without the kids.

I'd also love to visit Panama, I spent 3 years there as a kid and have always wanted to go back.

Italy, we did Rome, Venice, and Tuscany.

My 40th birthday is hopefully going to be Paris, Munich, Vienna, and Budapest.

edited to correct typo

Fun post! I love traveling and dreaming up vacations! I have been bitten by a major travel bug. :)

• Like 1

1. Where would you like to vacation as a family inside or outside the US.  (or both) I liked Colorado but it's outside our budget (we are in the UK).  We are looking forward to Portugal this year.

2. Favourite family vacation spot you have already visited.  Crete

3. Where would you like to vacation as a couple  either inside or outside the US. (or both) I'd like to take Husband to Rome and Pompeii

4. Favorite couple vacation spot you have already visited.  We enjoyed Lisbon and also Tuscany

5. To toss budget out the window what would be your dream vacation either as a couple or family?  Maybe some more time in New Zealand.

edited to correct typo

L

1. Where would you like to vacation as a family inside or outside the US.  (or both) Inside US: West Coast. We did a cross country tour a few years ago, hitting 11 NPs, and saw a lot but never got to that area. Outside US: Quebec (to visit the Old City and do some skiing nearby) or Europe (not sure where; there are so many options!)

2. Favorite family vacation spot you have already visited. Disney (I know, I know, but what can I say, it's our happy place), Acadia NP

3. Where would you like to vacation as a couple  either inside or outside the US. (or both) Inside US: nothing really comes to mind. Outside US: Paris, maybe St. Bart's or Turks & Caicos

4. Favorite couple vacation spot you have already visited. NYC

5. To toss budget out the window what would be your dream vacation either as a couple or family? Three to four month tour of Europe

edited to correct typo

Destin FL and Bandon OR. Opposite coasts but amazing fun filled beach time. In October and December, lol. I'm not a hot weather person.

DH would like to go to Getmany, so I suspect that's out next big adventure. Or possibly Australia (I think it might be closer )