Menu

Do Mormons still go door to door?

SparklyUnicorn

We get evangelicals, but never any LDS or JW. We've always been somewhat surprised that we don't get LDS missionaries at the door because my children's piano teacher is Mormon and her husband is works for the church, and we know lots of local Mormons, so we've always imagined that our name would get put on a list of people to visit, but it hasn't happened yet. The only missionaries I've run into have all been on campus (I live in a town with a very large university.)

I've found that having many LDS friends and attending LDS events that we do not get added to a missionaries visit list because we have connections and if we were interested we would talk to those familiar to us before missionaries that are strangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was assuredly a Mormon, he was from Dublin.

He may have been a Mormon, but he can't have been a missionary. The young men missionaries are required to wear white shirts. He may have been a member of a local ward "on a split" with the missionaries. This is when two local members of the same gender as the missionaries volunteer to spend the day with the missionaries so they can split up to get twice as much done (since missionaries are also required to always work in pairs).

If you hadn't said he also had a tweed coat, I would have suggested he perhaps made a laundry error. I had a mission companion who didn't know you had to separate colors, and she tossed a green sweater in a batch of whites we were washing. Fortunately, sister missionaries are allowed to wear colored blouses.