Menu

What's with the ads?

OneStepAtATime

High School/Middle School planning/social/support group for the outside the norm families...

I wondered if people wanted to start a private chat group for planning and supporting High School or even Middle School choices for their child with differences (since some have expressed to me their discomfort at posting on a public chat board regarding specifics). Post here or PM me if you are interested.

Edited by OneStepAtATime
  • Like 6

O.k. I will create one. I have had some requests on PM too.  

Let me clarify, I am creating the group for parents of kids that may not be taking a standard path, including kids on the spectrum, kids with dyslexia, kids with anxiety, or whatever.  Some may be gifted, some average, some may have lower IQ, etc.  I will keep the group open to new members but the group itself I would prefer tol be private.   Unfortunately, this means new members will be able to join by invitation only.  Feel free to suggest members, though.  I don't want to exclude anyone that might find a group like this helpful.  Anyone interested can post here and they will be added, too.  I prefer to keep it private so that people can feel more free to share whatever they may wish to share.  I would also suggest, when the poster is willing,  that if someone has great ideas that might help the general WTM population we can also link the information here on the LC board so more people can gain from the information.  Personal info would remain private, though.

Any suggestions for a name?  

• Like 2

Doing High/Middle School with Learning Challenges          ????  (I thought maybe "doing" includes planning, but that the group might want to go beyond the planning to the doing)

• Like 1

Home Schooling High School and Middle School with Learning Challenges            ????   but maybe some people will feel they need to no longer home school it  ????

• Like 1

Ok will create it later today. Got behind yesterday.

Still need a name. Is "Educating Middle/High School With Learning Challenges" acceptable?

Edited by OneStepAtATime
  • Like 3

O.k. I have the group up and will start trying to get people invited.  I haven't done this before so bear with me.  Also, our name didn't fit so it looks a little wonky.  I will try to fix it later...  :)

When you get to the first page after member approval, click on group discussion.   The first page says there are no topics but they are in the group discussion section.  

O.k. theoretically I have sent an invite to everyone that has posted here or PMd me up to this point.  If you haven't been able to get on the group site please let me know, or if you haven't received an invite yet, again let me know.  

When you get on the group, please introduce yourself.   :)

ETA:  If you have never been part of a social group on WTM before, once you are a member the group should show up at the bottom of the page when you are on the main WTM forums page.  You can also get on by clicking the Social Groups tab at the top.

Edited by OneStepAtATime
  • Like 1

Please add me! My special needs is a high school freshman, and I can use all the help I can get! Also, happy to share our experiences for what it's worth.

• Like 1

I am interested. I don't usually post on this board because my child doesn't have an official diagnosis, but she has some significant challenges.

• Like 1