Menu

S/O What trend are you rocking today?

Granny_Weatherwax

My hair is naturally curly so I can't do a messy bun. It's too much work to blow dry, straighten, and then try to make it look messy.  Not happening.  

I wore my leggings with tall brown boots yesterday so that's out for today.

I think I might wear my cowboy boots with a dress or skirt.  I haven't worn my shi*kickers in a while and I always feel like a total bad*ss when I wear them.  So, yep, I think I'll go for confidence today and wear the boots.  Now, how to decide which skirt or dress to wear...that's the question.

• Like 1

Well right now it's messy bun, baggie hoodie, and dh's sweatpants :p

But later when I go to the store it will probably be messy bun, smaller hoodie, and JEANS (and only because my best fitting pair of yoga pants are dirty... although I could wait to leave and wash them first, hmm)

Note to self: buy another pair of yoga pants at the store.

• Like 1

I'm wearing my school badge.  I'd be kicked out of the clique I'm in if I didn't.

I'm also wearing clothes.  That's probably just as important TBH.  I suspect skipping that one could have provided headlines the school wouldn't want... not to mention, I'd be freezing since budget cuts mean it's kept quite cool in the classrooms.

Showering this morning was probably a welcome touch to complete the package.  Ditto that with brushing teeth.

• Like 5

I made my mom jeans into skinny jeans a few weeks ago. Skinny is a proper noun there, and not an adjective. They look great paired with sneakers, a Life is Good T, and a sweatshirt (with a hood, but I wouldn't go all crazy and call it a hoodie.

I think the look I'm owning is "middle aged mom with a bad hip in cold weather". I think I'm nailing it.

• Like 2

I'll be wearing yoga pants in town today for wait for it..... YOGA. And no I won't have a shirt covering my bum but a form fitting shirt as when one ends up upside down sometimes loose shirts end up at your shoulders. I'll probably wear a messy bun too.

Here in a bit I'll be uber trendy with my bib coveralls for our walk :)

My hair is naturally curly so I can't do a messy bun. It's too much work to blow dry, straighten, and then try to make it look messy.  Not happening.  

I wore my leggings with tall brown boots yesterday so that's out for today.

I think I might wear my cowboy boots with a dress or skirt.  I haven't worn my shi*kickers in a while and I always feel like a total bad*ss when I wear them.  So, yep, I think I'll go for confidence today and wear the boots.  Now, how to decide which skirt or dress to wear...that's the question.

Lucky, lucky, lucky.  I am usually stuck with winter boots, though on occasion I've been able to wear my rain boots (Hunter, very cute).  Pretty much any day that I decide to take a risk and wear a pair of regular boots or my Converse I end up very sad.  

The longer I live here the more I want a pair of sealskin boots.  I see them everywhere and they are so cute - especially the ones with the wedge heel.  http://www.theoutdoorsupplystore.com/products/bilodeau-wedge-seal-skin-boot 

I did treat myself to a pair of thrummed mittens the other day - and they match perfectly with my winter jacket. 

It's hard to rock too many trends here.  I wear leggings with big thigh high Lululemon socks pulled over them and long sweaters.  I wear a fisherman's wool hat.  The wind is crazy and it's a damp cold and tonight we'll get wind gusts up to 90 km/hr (56 m/hr) with snow and possibly freezing rain pellets.  

Just thought of one trend I'm rocking - the "lob"  or long bob.  Dd told me yesterday that my hair is now trendy.  

Edited by Sarah CB

Later, when my hair annoys me, I will put it up in a ponytail, but I won't pull it all the way through the second time I put the holder on - because this keeps the holder from sliding out of my hair.  Some may qualify this as a "messy bun" ... a really bad one.   I'll try to remember to rock it ;)  Also, my voice is naturally a little low and rough.  Some may think I am frying it - sorry ! 

Fleece pj's that kind of sort of look like a lounging outfit for home (I'm too old to wear pajamas in public though I'm not bothered when I see young people in them). We're having what is for Florida, a cold week. I'll be wearing one of two sets of these fleece pj's all week except for when I leave the house. Oh, and socks with Birkenstock sandals. Our tile floors cause my back problems to flare up if I stay barefoot, so I usually wear sandals in the house. When it's cold I add socks (Shh! Don't tell any tourists that this Floridian is wearing socks and sandals at home). It's such a lovely ensemble.  :laugh:

I haven't tried to be trendy since my early 30's, though I try to appropriately fashionable for my age. Do Vera Bradley purses count as trendy? Because they're my new love. I love all the pockets and I love how lightweight they are. I don't want my purse to already be heavy before I put stuff in it.

• Like 2

Fleece pj's that kind of sort of look like a lounging outfit for home (I'm too old to wear pajamas in public though I'm not bothered when I see young people in them). We're having what is for Florida, a cold week. I'll be wearing one of two sets of these fleece pj's all week except for when I leave the house. Oh, and socks with Birkenstock sandals. Our tile floors cause my back problems to flare up if I stay barefoot, so I usually wear sandals in the house. When it's cold I add socks (Shh! Don't tell any tourists that this Floridian is wearing socks and sandals at home). It's such a lovely ensemble. :laugh:

We could be twins. Though I had to go get the mail, so no longer in my fleece pjs, fuzzy socks and birks. Jeans and boots here now, with the fuzzy socks underneath. Edited by Spryte
  • Like 1

Leggings with an attached skirt?  is that a thing?  Probably not.  

This similar to what I have on, except mine are black:  

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=722053012&vid=3&cvosrc=ppc.google.&cvo_campaign=182693010&cvo_adgroup=8977328490&cvo_crid=47419942410&Matchtype=&campaigntype=PLA&tid=atpl000001&kwid=1&ap=7&sem=true&mkwid=EXZJMamQ_dc&creative=47419942410&adpos=1o1

My favorite exercise pants are both in the wash because I swear they smell like rotting dead animals.  I hope I can save them.  I was wondering what the hell I was smelling when I was out for a brisk walk yesterday only to realize to my horror that it was ME or at least my pants.   :leaving:  :ph34r:

• Like 3

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=722053012&vid=3&cvosrc=ppc.google.&cvo_campaign=182693010&cvo_adgroup=8977328490&cvo_crid=47419942410&Matchtype=&campaigntype=PLA&tid=atpl000001&kwid=1&ap=7&sem=true&mkwid=EXZJMamQ_dc&creative=47419942410&adpos=1o1

My favorite exercise pants are both in the wash because I swear they smell like rotting dead animals.  I hope I can save them.  I was wondering what the hell I was smelling when I was out for a brisk walk yesterday only to realize to my horror that it was ME or at least my pants.   :leaving:  :ph34r:

Love the leggings and skirt.

On the dead animal smell -  :lol: .  Good luck getting rid of it!

That happened here.  With towels.  I have zero idea what happened to those towels, but there was no saving them.  I was too frugal cheap to replace them so battled them for months.  That smell would. not. go. away.  It finally got so bad I was sure I'd smell the stinky towels on my skin after drying off, throughout the day.  Those puppies are gone.  Gone!  Ewwwww.  

• Like 1

Love the leggings and skirt.

On the dead animal smell -  :lol: .  Good luck getting rid of it!

That happened here.  With towels.  I have zero idea what happened to those towels, but there was no saving them.  I was too frugal cheap to replace them so battled them for months.  That smell would. not. go. away.  It finally got so bad I was sure I'd smell the stinky towels on my skin after drying off, throughout the day.  Those puppies are gone.  Gone!  Ewwwww.  

Well, if I have to get new exercise pants, I can't claim I didn't get my money's worth from these ones.  They are both at least 7 years old.  And there are nice things available.  I just tossed (well, donated) several other pairs (which do not smell like anything bad!) because I didn't like them and thus wasn't wearing them.  

• Like 1

Later, when my hair annoys me, I will put it up in a ponytail, but I won't pull it all the way through the second time I put the holder on - because this keeps the holder from sliding out of my hair. Some may qualify this as a "messy bun" ... a really bad one. I'll try to remember to rock it ;) Also, my voice is naturally a little low and rough. Some may think I am frying it - sorry !

Yep this is how I wear my hair. I have no idea if that bugs anyone, nor why they would care, nor do I care if they care.

I also have low-rise jeans that are sort of falling off because childbirth gave me smaller hips (???) and a hiatal hernia that dislikes belts. I prefer to just not be around people than worry if my butt showed a little when I pick up a squirrelly toddler.

• Like 1

My clothes aren't trendy.  I'm wearing what I usually wear in the winter - jeans, boots, solid color tee, cardi.  It's cold here.  I add a hand-knit scarf/shawl when I go out.

My makeup and nail polish are more trendy.  Today I'm rockin' a dark fuchsia matte lip and shimmery gold/neutral eyes.  On my nails I'm wearing a smoky navy creme with dark metallic grey accent nails, 2 on each hand.

• Like 1

I have no trendiness in my life. 

At least my hair is freshly colored so no gray roots!  At least I've got that going for me! 

:-)

Except if you were being trendy, you'd have the grey showing!

I'm not trendy, either. I do have a few grey hairs, but they look "classic" and "distinguished" not trendy.

• Like 1

I have seen leggings with an attached skirt...in girl's size 7/8.