Menu

What's with the ads?

Kinsa

s/o: What trends/styles do you wish would come back?

I like the sound of leggings with attached mini-skirt. I've never seen those...like these?

Exactly like those. I find it more flattering for my tummy and tush.

Edited by LucyStoner
  • Like 2

Frye boots??? They are totally in here. Very trendy town. When did it seem like they went out?

I was going to say this, too. Those are very fashionable here. I was even thinking of getting a pair around Christmas, which is really saying something, because I am not trendy and don't buy expensive stuff "just cuz."

• Like 1

Baggy jeans on teenagers. I think teen girls look adorable in them. (Okay, and I'm a bit disturbed by the tightness my dd prefers.) 

Scrunchies.

Floral-print rayon dresses.

Tretorns.

Yes!!!  Tretorns!!!

Wearing a banana clip right now. Banana clip, fitted t-shirt over wicking tank, leggings with an attached mini skirt, Keen trail runners and a dark blue hoodie. I've started putting on my workout clothes first thing in the morning and then changing after I have met my exercise goals. Morning meetings mean that will be later this afternoon.

Not feeling judged. Do not care if I am the best dressed mom.

You and I describe the exact same...or we will after I hit the stores tomorrow ane get my banana clip. Thank you Rebel Yell for the info!

Love the leggings with attached skirt. But I need a slightly longer one than the one a pp linked to. Gotta cover a little more hip and thigh. ;)

• Like 1

I have a confession... I really want velour track suits to come back in style. I can do without the words stretched across my behind but they were so comfortable. You alway look put together and never got cold. How I love track suits.....

• Like 4

are we allowed to post links to youtube music videos?

Well, ETA:

short skirts and long jackets, not that I wear short skirts.

No, it's the song, sounds like yesterday's trends in women's styles. Like those women don't exist anymore. I know they do, right here. You ladies use machetes to cut through red tape. Uh huh. (I don't have musical notes or headphones to add here, sorry).

Cake, Short Skirt/Long Jacket

Edited by Gaillardia
  • Like 1

I can't believe no one is pining away for button-fly jeans...

:lol:

Oh!  Me!  I am!  I LOVED my Guess, button-fly, size 28, white jeans!  Those were the days!   :thumbup1:

• Like 1

I have been watching Inspector Morse on Netflix. It started airing on tv in 1987. It has the big hair and the clothing styles that scream 1980's. I groan regularly when I see the frizzy big hair and the long skirts paired with long jackets or sweaters. I do like the longer length skirts, though.

Prior to that, I was watching George Gently. It starts out with white go-go boots and mini skirts and ends with long side burns, wide belts, and funky prints.

Gah!

• Like 1

Oh! Me! I am! I LOVED my Guess, button-fly, size 28, white jeans! Those were the days! :thumbup1:

I had a pair I was rather fond of, too, but I had to make sure to get to the bathroom in plenty of time when nature called.

• Like 2

I wish I still had my purple and pink striped jordache jeans with the matching jacket. Rocking my perm and scunchy socks.

I know you all wish you were cool like me.

• Like 4

I was in my 20's in the 90's and I still much prefer the loose fitted grunge style. Overall shorts/shorts with bibs, really soft well worn flannels that you stole out of your dad's closet, big black combat boots or those shoes that resembled slippers, rockport sandals. Wearing really flowy long dresses with boots and either a brown leather bomber jacket or ratty cardigan from the thrift store.

This. I was in my teens in the 90s and I long for wide leg jeans ( the kind that are not flared) and long flowing skirts with big chunky sweaters and the days when "low rise" meant pants that sit just under the belly button, not so low you need a bikini wax to wear them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I still wear nylons on a regular basis. I'm often the only person in the room who is, at least for the under 70 set. LOL

One trend I'd like to see come back is CLOSED CONCEPT housing. I'm not into having my home all hanging out in the open!  I want a separate, distinct kitchen space, and one that is most definitely NOT within view of the living spaces (other than a hearty dining space). I don't want to have my television turned up super loud when someone is banging around in the kitchen. I don't want a single monstrous living space; I want cozy little retreats throughout my home. Not like the old 100s-year old homes, but something with some semi-private, secluded spots in the common areas.

My house shopping process was lengthy and exhausting, and a number of realtors thought I was nuts. But I did finally find my perfect home. And right now I'm sitting in the living room NOT looking into my dish-filled sink and NOT hearing my daughter bake.  And that's a good thing.  :tongue_smilie:

Absolutely!!!!  Walls create space.  And reasonably sized furniture. I dislike the types of enormous furniture that you have to have to look normal in cavernous- open spaced living rooms with cathedral ceiling.  I'm not short but I hate having to curl my legs under me in order to sit comfortably on the sofa.

• Like 1

Absolutely!!!! Walls create space. And reasonably sized furniture. I dislike the types of enormous furniture that you have to have to look normal in cavernous- open spaced living rooms with cathedral ceiling. I'm not short but I hate having to curl my legs under me in order to sit comfortably on the sofa.

Yes! Normal sized furniture!

Now I do like that I could find a really cozy sofa for our tv watching area, but for a while there it was near impossible to find sofas and chairs that one's company could sit properly upon! I think Crate & Barrel is overpriced, but I am happy that between C&B and IKEA, folks seem to be coming back around to more streamlined/mid-century/Scandinavian styles with clean lines and reasonable proportions.

The high ceilings, to me, don't beg so much for oversized furniture as they do for suitable artwork.

And about that 80's hair... As I read that some would like to see that return, I nodded along and remembered that hair used to be a lot more fun. But then I went to a meeting and ended up sitting behind someone who decided to embrace that 80's hair flair. She looked terrific, but I found it near impossible to see the screen and speaker around her big hair!

Same here. I still, to this day, address my elders (and some peers) as Mr./Mrs. So-n-so. And I've raised my kids to do the same unless specifically requested to do otherwise. If I don't, it just feels so... so... wrong, somehow. (LOL)

I think this must be regional. I wish that it were common for children to call adults Mr. or Mrs. So-and-So, but I know that I would find it extremely odd for someone in my area to expect to be called that, unless they were a teacher at the child's school. I don't think I've ever heard a child here use anything but a first name when not referring to a teacher (and some schools don't even use last names for teachers!). No one uses sir or ma'am either.

Cloaks.

I'd love a good wool double-breasted cloak, with a hood.

I'd wear it all the time.

• Like 1

Cloaks.

I'd love a good wool double-breasted cloak, with a hood.

I'd wear it all the time.

Me too, sister!

We could go about as elves of the woodland realm.

Or vampires.

Or scary messengers.

Or really cool women.

• Like 2

I would like the trends which focused on  loveliness rather than ferocity. The gentle spirit/ tough soul looks of the 30s and 40s. Natural fibers, flattering rather than revealing cuts, practical and economic (long lasting) clothes that bring out the best in enjoying womanhood.

• Like 1

Baggy jeans on teenagers. I think teen girls look adorable in them. (Okay, and I'm a bit disturbed by the tightness my dd prefers.)

Scrunchies.

Floral-print rayon dresses.

Tretorns.

I saw Tretorns on the Athleta website just now.

Okay, I'll admit it... I wish panty hose would come back. I have terrible looking legs (always have), and I prefer to mask them with panty hose. It's like make-up for my legs. (LOL)

Are they out?  I must be way out of it, but I haven't worn a dress that was on the short side for a good while. 

Dirndls. I would look like a psycho or a cosplayer, but I had one for special occaisions when I did a semester in Austria...the most comfortable, practical, flattering piece of clothing I have ever worn. Must be my German peasant blood. 😉