Menu

Don't hate me for telling you this, but Costco has lots of great stuff for HS.

Let's just say I put a dent in our home school budget this morning!

Lots of books, cool pack of Moleskin notebooks, dry erase board, 2 Discovery Kids Science work books. 

They also had these plastic boxes that some one mentioned using for work boxes, I think they might have been only $19.99? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S8IYCBO?refRID=755J5MCNZVJMYESKKET6&ref_=pd_ybh_a_36

Sorry in advance! :leaving:

• Like 1

Our Costco currently has a bunch of workbooks (Spectrum, BrainQuest, maybe Kumon as well?), boxed sets of Beverly Cleary books, and a bunch of other early reader boxed sets. Also, nice vintage-y looking hardcover classics like Island of the Blue Dolphins and A Wrinkle in Time.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I know! I was there yesterday and bought the big pack of writing utensils- had pencils, sharpies, paper mate flair pens, dry erase, highlighters! I was sorely tempted by the composition notebook packs and binders. The plastic boxs you linked to were temping as well but I'm going with accordion type files this year and already picked some up.

• Like 1

Yes! That's where I got my laminator, construction paper, ticonderoga pencils, and many books (recently a leather bound illustrated Tolkien guide). We got our Beverly Cleary set there, as well as the complete Oz books by Baum, the Roald Dahl collection, and many more.

Sometimes they carry singapore workbooks, and the brainquest star wars work books. And their wall maps are great.

Their alcohol section is pretty classy and extremely well priced too. You know, because to some alcohol might actually count as a supply for the homeschool mom. :laugh: I love that I can get Oregon wine and local beer there though. That's pretty awesome.

• Like 7

I agree:

Plastic project boxes = great for storing lapbooks-in-the-making (with all of their small bits and pieces, brads, tape, scissors, stickers, etc.), crafty projects that aren't complete...   Thinking of buying more.  Maybe they'd be good for car travel or school-on-the-go.

At $20, a bargain!

Is this online?

Some things are sold at the warehouse but not online.

Some things are sold online but not at the warehouse (the website has a larger selection of big-ticket items and things small businesses or offices would use).

The warehouses tend to be somewhat regional in what they stock.  For example, one we use sells 110-gal. livestock watering tanks and horse feed because it serves an area with lots of small / hobby farms.  Another we use is in an upscale metro area, so you'll find more luxury items there: a larger wine display, more jewelry, fresh seafood.  One in a different town serves an ethnically-diverse population, so you'll find lots of different food items you won't see at all Costcos.  Went to one recently near the beach that sells more swim-related stuff and boogie boards.  I love seeing what the different locations carry, especially when I travel.  

For things like school supplies, I think most locations would carry about the same things (packs of pens, etc.) but I haven't checked online for these items lately--

The thing that really cracks me up about Costco is their clothing seasons. Our local store has already brought out the snowsuits and parkas, and it's 96 F outside today. I did feel a little strange buying winter gloves now, but by the time we need to wear them Costco is onto their swimsuits and t-shirts for the snowbirds heading south for the winter.  :laugh:

• Like 2

The plastic boxes hold up really quite well and I love the size.  

It's odd - I'm almost done back to school shopping and my Costco doesn't have my Ticonderoga black pencils.  I am hoping they rethink that choice by August!!!

Their dry erase boards are an absolute necessity.  They're huge AND magnetic for $20.  We have three and I need another one.

Costco is the BEST.  Tons of organic food.  High quality items you actually need and will use, as well as toys and fun stuff.

Not to mention that nice check for 2% of all you spent all year that comes once a year with the renewal form.  Buys the next week's groceries.