Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Excelsior! Academy

Help me pick a middle name that starts with B

My son is a 2-2-2 as well. I am also a 2-2-2. My stage name was a 2-2-2 as well. Fabulously memorable those 2-2-2 names! Really. I'm not kidding. People remember 2-2-2 names much easier. It works wonderfully if you avoid two names next to each starting with the same consonant sound or same vowel sound.

So Joseph Barker Richmond sounds great (for example) and not contrived. But Joseph Barker Barrett sound a bit too twee.

Just my opinion and yes... my suggestion is Barker.

I agree about the 2-2-2 thing. My given and married named are both two syllables and I think both are great names. The names of my husband and both sons follow the same pattern and I think their names sound good too.

My youngest is a 2-2-2 as is my husband. I think it sounds strong.

Edited by MedicMom

Me too! We already have a Benjamin, that is the only reason it is out. :)

I thought that might be why. :) We have a Benjamin as well.

My first thought was Buster followed by Badass..."Badass is my middle name" *puts on sunglasses dramatically*

I am *so* not helpful.

I like Gil's list!

My son has two middle names: Stephen and Danger.

We haven't told him yet. But when he's about 16 or so, we're going to tell him that Danger is his middle name. We'll hand him his birth certificate as proof in case he thinks we're joking.

We did that for our 2nd son. I just wish we'd thought of it in time for our first son. If we'd have been quick enough, then one of his middle names would have been Trouble.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 3

It could be I mixed it up with Bjork for pop culture, as I don't see what I was thinking of on Google. But when we lived in another state we had friends with a daughter named Bjorn.  I just double checked facebook and that is her name, or at least her nickname.  And there was another friend who was annoyed because he always wanted to name his daughter that, but he didn't have one yet.  It may have just been a clique that chose male names for females though.  There was also a Sawyer and a Riley and a couple others that I'm blanking on at the moment but that struck me as masculine names for girls at the time.

Well, to be truly authentic, it should be spelled correctly like this: Bjørn.  The letter "ø" is a unique letter in Norwegian, not an accent, and not the letter "o."  You'd really throw people off in the US if you could pull it off on official documents and such. ;)  I think it would almost irrelevant whether it was a boy or girl by then. 

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 1

My maiden and married names are 2-2-2 syllables (my name is not actually Mrs.Robinson) and dd's and ds#2's names are too. I think it works if the names have a good rhythm to them.

My favorites so far are Joseph Beckett and Joseph Blake.

Beauregard - I really like this one, but unsure how it will go over  :lol:

JMO, but Beauregard should always be a first name.  And it should always be said in full, never shortened, and with a long drawl of the last syllable on a higher pitch than the first two syllables. 

At least, that's how I always say it.  :D

• Like 1

Brinn

Bradford

Beckett

Beckett is NICE.

Joshua Beckett Adams. Very nice. I chose "Adams" because I needed two syllables to sound it out. :) Joshua Beckett is my vote.

Edited by Tsuga
  • Like 1

It looks like everyone has given some great name choices, so I will pass on my name picking tip instead. Once you've narrowed it down a bit, stand at one end on the house and yell the first and middle name together a few times (for when he is in a little trouble) and repeat with his full name (for when he knows he better come running).

• Like 1

My favorite B names are...

Bennett (my youngest son's name)

Blake

Beckett

Brooks

All have already been mentioned though.

JMO, but Beauregard should always be a first name.  And it should always be said in full, never shortened, and with a long drawl of the last syllable on a higher pitch than the first two syllables. 

At least, that's how I always say it.  :D

Any other John Prine fans here? Now I have the song Barbara Lewis running through my head. 

Come back to us

Barbara Lewis 

Hare Krishna

Beauregard

:lol: 

• Like 3