Excelsior! Academy

Aw, I like Benjamin ;)

Joseph Brent

Joseph Brett

Joseph Bradley

Joseph Bryce

Joseph Brayden

Joseph Brogen

I do too. I think with a two syllable name first and last, you need a middle name with more heft to it. There aren't many choices starting with B other than Benjamin, Benedict, and Bartholomew.

• Like 2

Benedict

Not very common in the US due to Arnold. It was my grandfather's middle name and he hated it b/c of that association.

But, Mr Cumberbatch seems to be rehabilitating it the US

My girls may vote for this.  They are big Sherlock fans.  ;)

Bartholomew? It sounds nice, anyway: Joseph Bartholomew Something.

I was actually thinking of this name this morning!

Aw, I like Benjamin ;)

Joseph Brent

Joseph Brett

Joseph Bradley

Joseph Bryce

Joseph Brayden

Joseph Brogen

Joseph Barrett

Me too!  We already have a Benjamin, that is the only reason it is out.  :)

I'd stay away from a two syllable name, since the first and last are two. I'd go for one or three. 

Ds has a two syllable first and middle name, and our last name is two syllables. Same with our youngest grandchild. Both of them have names that sound good. I think it's more a matter of how well they all go together.

Edited by Lady Florida

Ds has a two syllable first and middle name, and our last name is two syllables. Same with our youngest grandchild. Both of them have names that sound good. I think it's more a matter of how well they all go together.

My son is a 2-2-2 as well.  I am also a 2-2-2.  My stage name was a 2-2-2 as well. Fabulously memorable those 2-2-2 names! Really.  I'm not kidding.  People remember 2-2-2 names much easier.  It works wonderfully if you avoid two names next to each starting with the same consonant sound or same vowel sound. 

So Joseph Barker Richmond sounds great (for example) and not contrived. But Joseph Barker Barrett sound a bit too twee.

Just my opinion and yes... my suggestion is Barker. 

Edited by Audrey
  • Like 4

My son is a 2-2-2 as well.  I am also a 2-2-2.  My stage name was a 2-2-2 as well. Fabulously memorable those 2-2-2 names! Really.  I'm not kidding.  People remember 2-2-2 names much easier.  It works wonderfully if you avoid two names next to each starting with the same consonant sound or same vowel sound. 

So Joseph Barker Richmond sounds great (for example) and not contrived. But Joseph Barker Barrett sound a bit too twee.

Interesting thought!  Would you think the same thing about ending sounds?  For example, last name ending with r.

Interesting thought!  Would you think the same thing about ending sounds?  For example, last name ending with r.

Similar endings don't seem to sound as contrived as alliteration does. 

Disclaimer:  I'm not against alliterative names, per se, but they do sound cutesy and forced.  That's not a bad thing ​if you're going for cutesy​, but most gentlemen aren't much for being thought of as cutesy.  KWIM?   Although, it can work for some, I suppose.

Name him what you love.  Just don't be afraid of that 2-2-2. 

• Like 2

Do you mean Bjork?

It could be I mixed it up with Bjork for pop culture, as I don't see what I was thinking of on Google. But when we lived in another state we had friends with a daughter named Bjorn.  I just double checked facebook and that is her name, or at least her nickname.  And there was another friend who was annoyed because he always wanted to name his daughter that, but he didn't have one yet.  It may have just been a clique that chose male names for females though.  There was also a Sawyer and a Riley and a couple others that I'm blanking on at the moment but that struck me as masculine names for girls at the time.

My son is a 2-2-2 as well. I am also a 2-2-2. My stage name was a 2-2-2 as well. Fabulously memorable those 2-2-2 names! Really. I'm not kidding. People remember 2-2-2 names much easier. It works wonderfully if you avoid two names next to each starting with the same consonant sound or same vowel sound.

I agree about the 2-2-2 thing. My given and married named are both two syllables and I think both are great names. The names of my husband and both sons follow the same pattern and I think their names sound good too.