Menu

Shoes for wide feet, bunions etc.

linguistmama

Are there any brick and mortar chains that sell shoes with wide toe boxes?  Or will a smaller, more expensive store be more likely to have them in stock?  The department stores and large shoe stores around here that sell brands that make wides don't have size wides in stock, they can only order them for me.  I have bunions that I need a wide toe box for (EE, double wide) without a wide heel.  I've been buying at Amazon with a certain amount of success.  I would love to be able to go to an actual store though.  Right now I have to order 5-6 pairs of the same shoe in varying sizes and widths to hopefully keep one of them and return the others.  Wides tend to cost more so it is a lot of money to order that many pairs even though I choose the free return options at Amazon.  I feel like I need an expert, in person, shoe fitter.

Not brick and mortar, but have you tried Lems Shoes lemsshoes.com? They are a minimalist/barefoot style shoe - so wide toe box, designed to be worn With toe spacers/correctors, if you choose. This will be wider than any normal, foot wrecking, bunion making shoes you'll find in any store. One drawback is style selection is limited. I want one of each. :)

• Like 1