Menu

Exercise Thread - January 24-30

KathyBC

Monday night Yoga was taught by a different instructor. She was pretty intense. I was so sore all day Tuesday. Word has it she will be instructing for the remaining five sessions. Not sure I want to continue. (Also some embarrassing side-effects in class. :tongue_smilie:  )

Catching up for the rest of the week: worked Tuesday, exercise class Wednesday night, had an appointment and shopping in the city yesterday.

Today did the 45 minute Zumba Activate dvd. Sweaty and red-faced, but not sore.  :)

• Like 1

Training session for me today. I didn't do any cardio after because I'm still dealing with a sinus infection. I just don't have the energy.

Recapping---last Saturday and Sunday I shoveled for 2-3 hours each day. Felt really under the weather (pun intended) Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday dd and I toured colleges and walked about 5 miles each day.

• Like 1

If I work out my abs that will work out my lower back, correct? Any advice for a weak lower back?

Check out Katy Bowman's work (I bought her kindle collection of her blog posts, "Katy Says, Alignment Matters" for simplicity, but it's all free on her blog by the same name). Her work on body alignment helped me immensely with a weak lower back, post childbirth issues common to many women, and other alignment challenges.

• Like 2

I'm still going strong with my commitment to daily exercise.

Monday: 60 minutes biking, very high intensity

Tuesday: 45 minutes biking, intervals

Wednesday: 90 minutes biking, average intensity

Thursday: 30 minutes biking, intervals

Friday: 60 minutes biking, average intensity (I was tired)

I'm planning a short run in both Saturday and Sunday. We're getting another snow storm, so I need to get outside while I can.

I've been doing push ups every day, but I need to add squats and planks again.

• Like 1