Menu

Symbolic Logic Curriculum for our Co-Op?

Our co-op has used Nance's Intermediate Logic during 8th grade until this year when we chose to suspend our logic offerings due in part to staffing but also due to uncertainty about the use of that Logic II curriculum for our students. Historically, there were students who buckled down and conquered that course while the other half struggled and were crushed by it. I think we just couldn't truly teach it well, meeting only once a week. The parents with no logic background were unable/unwilling to support their students. 

Now we are at a crossroads deciding our new logic path and I don't see a wealth of math/symbolic logic curricula for this age group. Some of our parents are mourning the loss of this Logic II offering and believe symbolic logic is core to our classical group, but others are happy to focus more on propositional logic and employ the Classical Academic Press logic series. Some of us wonder if just placing Logic II in 9th grade would help.

Is there a wonderful symbolic logic course that I'm missing? I came across this and was intrigued: 

http://7sistershomeschool.com/fun-high-school-logic-course-from-dr-micah-tillman/

I welcome your thoughts and persuasion!