Menu

I want to see snow pictures!!

3 ladybugs

I admit I love the snow. I grew up in the Portland, OR area and snow just shuts down that city. A dusting? Need to close schools for a week! Needless to say snow is rare there. I moved here to see more snow and LOTS more of it. So I am excited! I want to see snow photos from this storm. We are not suppose to get our first flakes till about 11 pm tonight. 

Anyone have snow yet?

• Like 3

I have snow on the ground and snow piles in my yard that have been there for weeks without melting because it has just been too cold, but that's probably not what you want to see, as I don't live where this weekend's storm is supposed to hit.  But really, anyone who wants snow should just come to my yard and take some, cause I'm done with it. :P  If I'm lucky it might start to melt in March.

• Like 2

We have a solid 8 inches inside our farms shelter (it's likely only 4-5 inches past the trees).

I have two snow men. Part of a snow caterpillar. A fort. Part of an igloo. 15 snow angels. A laundry room 4 feet deep with hats, gloves, coats, boots, and snow pants for 7. 4 kids napping and two resting in anticipation for more afternoon fun when dad and grandpa come home to pull the sleds behind the the-wheelers.

It's been fun 😀

Edited by athomeontheprairie
  • Like 1

Not from this storm, I think it was about 2010 (?)  in the mega storm, a woman I almost married, and later introduced to the man she is married to, sent us some photos. They live in the MD suburbs of DC.  I swear it looked like the North Pole, except there were lots of Townhouses, which I don't think would fit in at the North Pole.  I hope you will get lots of snow, that you will continue to have electricity and heat and that you can enjoy for us too!

• Like 1

Our has just started and I don't have any impressive pictures yet. But I will hook you up by tomorrow! (Although it may just be a link to my Flickr, because I cannot understand for the life of me how to insert a photo in-post.

You're probably close to me if you're snow is starting tonight.  Ours does too.  Hubby always takes pics to share with our southern friends (and former neighbors from there).  I'll share them when I have them.  At the moment I just finished our last snow free chore day for a while.  I told this year's babies what's coming, but I don't think they believed me.  ;)

We were in the 14 - 24 inch range.  My online weather source is now telling me 24+ over the two days.  They're usually high, so I still expect 14 - 24.  Time will tell.