Menu

Eagle's Glenn Frey has died

PrincessMommy

Gosh, the year is starting out rough for artists/celebrities and those of us who love them and their work.....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35349025?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

With heavy  hearts we announce...the passing of our comrade, Eagles founder, Glenn Frey, in New York City on Monday, January 18th, 2016.

Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from Rheumatoid Arthritis, Acute Ulcerative Colitis and Pneumonia.

I just saw that a few minutes ago. The Eagles were a huge part of my college days and I have so many memories attached to their songs. I saw them in concert three times (including the original members). I still remember seeing them in Tampa, with Frey encouraging audience sing-alongs during Already Gone. Woo-oo-oo! Oh, my my. 

Edited by Lady Florida

Oh no.

I was driving home with my daughter and we heard all these Eagles songs on the radio.  But they were all with Don Henley's vocals, and my daughter said "Did Don Henley die?" 

Then we got home and saw the news.  

Don't know why they didn't play songs where Glenn sang lead.   He had a good voice too.   Maybe they played those first, before we got in the car. 

Edited by marbel
  • Like 1