Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catwoman

My dh is having his liver transplant surgery right now! Please send prayers and good thoughts. AMAZING UPDATE IN POST 713!!!

Wow, what fantastic news! I just loved reading about your husband's attitude. I'm so happy that he is doing so well and is out of the hospital already! Hugs to the whole family, and continued prayers.

What wonderful news! I will continue to pray for the entire situation - health for your husband, transition into your new normal and working out the logistics. 

A thought - can you ask if he can go to a local lab and have his blood drawn instead of traveling to the surgeon's office so frequently? That might help with the distance you have to travel (I assume since you are in a hotel you are more than an hour from the hospital & surgeons, if that's wrong, then this suggestion isn't needed). 

Oh goodness, I am just now seeing this. How wonderful! I'm so happy for your family and will keep you all in my prayers.

What a beautiful update! So happy. Wishing you peace and calm and healing in the coming months! :)

:grouphug:

It all sounds so positive! I know you still have a long journey ahead and our family will be thinking of you and yours.

Cat, thank you so much for your update.

I lost my only sister to liver failure in '92. I don't like to talk about that much, but I'm thrilled to hear about your dh's courage and his wonderful attitude.

YEAH!  Been thinking of you and your family.  So glad to hear that your DH is able to be with you and is doing all the things that need to be done.  

SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU. :)

:hurray:  yeah - doing a happy dance.  :party:

I'm so thrilled for your family.  what a blessing.  your family will continue to be in my prayers and thoughts.  â€‹

What wonderful news!!! Thank you so much for the update. :grouphug:

Dear Catwoman: Thank you for the Update in post #713.  Prayers answered.  I will continue praying for your DH and the doctors and nurses and everyone who is taking care of him, including you and your son.  Take it one day at a time. None of us know if we have another 20 minutes or another 20 years.  Gentle virtual hugs are on their way to you, from Colombia. Lanny

Stories like these are why I elected to be an organ donor!  Best wishes to your husband on his recovery.

Your update was the first thing I've read this morning and it's made me so happy! I am thrilled for you guys and I'm keeping you all in my thoughts still!!

I am so thrilled to read your latest update. How amazing that your dh is home! He sounds like an amazing person. I imagine the next months will be super difficult with little chance for you to have a break. My thoughts will be with you.

Wow, what a beautiful update.  Praise and continued prayers as your family navigates through the healing and recovery.

SO happy for you! And so impressed with your husband's attitude! My ex husband had a kidney transplant and well,  I don't think he has the same attitude. Of course, there is a reason he's an ex. 

You have a great man there, who is doing everything right, as are you. Only thing I'll suggest is to contact a local church and ask if he can be put on the list to receive the Eucharist at home? And have a priest visit and pray for him? I think he could even have the rite of annointing of the sick (it's not "last rites" and doesn't mean you are dying, that's a myth). Adding spiritual healing to everything else you are doing can only help, and might help with his attitude and hope on the days when things are hard. 

Hugs! So happy!

Terrific news! I love the attitude your guy has about taking care of that new liver...for himself, for the donor, for the families of each, and because it could have gone to someone else. Powerful!

Prayers and good thoughts continue...

Great news!! I love his attitude. Wishing you all the best!

:thumbup:

So very glad for this good news!  Very glad. And your dh sounds like a very special guy. The way you described his motivations as being for his family but also for the donor---very selfless motivations that will take him a long way. Expressing gratitude by doing one's best to heal is awesome. I hope the road ahead is as smooth as possible and will continue to pray. 

You and Yue dh have the best attitude and motivation. I admire you both very much. I am praying for fast healing and peace and grace and patience. You are such a great, strong person, Cat!

Just saw your update. That's great news, Cat! I hope his recovery continues to go smoothly.

I lost my only sister to liver failure in '92. I don't like to talk about that much, but I'm thrilled to hear about your dh's courage and his wonderful attitude.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I was so thrilled to read your news, Cat, and will continue to pray for all of you.  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I was thrilled to read your latest update, Cat! I will continue to pray for you all.  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Wonderful update! I'm so happy to hear your dh is doing well. May his recovery continue to progress beyond expectations.

What wonderful news. :)

I will continue to keep your DH and your family in my prayers.