Menu

Women only: Ever know you were pregnant way before you could?

Katy

I started throwing up the morning after with my first three pregnancies (second pregnancy was a miscarriage) and that continued every morning for the entire first trimester. For both of my first two girls, I was sure that I was pregnant by the 5th day after and that's when I took a pregnancy test. 

When I had the miscarriage, I stopped throwing up after two weeks. When I went in for my initial appointment at 5 weeks, I told the doctor how great it was that the vomiting had stopped. He did an immediate sonogram and found a 2-week fetus in a 5-week placenta. I miscarried one week later.

With my youngest dd I didn't have any nausea at all until about 8 weeks in. Even when I was two weeks late, I was sure that I wasn't pregnant because I hadn't had any nausea at all. When it did start at about 8 weeks, it continued until about my 5th month.

I always kind of knew without really having an obvious sign. With my middle dd, I was at a friend's house after church and they announced that they were pregnant and I almost said "me too", but I hadn't really even thought about it up to that point. Then a week or so later I took a test and yep, pregnant. But we had enough difficulty getting pregnant that I wouldn't let myself test before what would be 5 weeks pregnant (3 past conception). Didn't want to get my hopes up only to be dashed to the ground.

• Like 1

Oh, I remember another one! With my first, I was sure that I wasn't pregnant and was waiting for my period to start so I could start the second round of fertility treatment. During this wait, I went to the gym with my sister and really remarkably struggled through a class that I attended regularly. My brain said "because you're pregnant." About a week later I was getting ready to take the period inducing pills but decided to test again because it said to in the information sheet. Sure enough, dd was on board!

With the the first and fourth pregnancy, I didn't have any symptoms. In fact, with the first I didn't even test until I was past 8 weeks. I thought I had just skipped or was late.

With the second and third, my breasts felt like they had been used as punching bags. I just knew. Both of those ended in early miscarriage.

With the first, no. I was in total denial and sure my period was coming. I was 8, almost 9 weeks when I found out I was pregnant. With the second I was trying, and as soon as we were done..well...making the baby...I knew. I just knew. I got this big grin on my face and my husband actually asked why. I just said, "nothing....." But I was right. I had a positive test 8 days past ovulation. 

With the 3rd I new before I tested, or at least, I thought I knew, but was already a day late at that point although I hadn't realized it. I was sitting in a chair and all of a sudden got very dizzy/lightheaded. I thought, "wow, that's weird. I haven't had that happen since....oh!" I quickly pulled up my chart and sure enough, I was a day late. I only get that dizzy when pregnant.

Well, no. But I was terribly tired, and mentioned to a man that I was working with at the time how I didn't feel very good and I just couldn't seem to get enough sleep. He didn't bat an eye. He called it well before I tested, and even suspected twins before I tested. 

He and his wife had eight children or so; I guess he just knew the early symptoms!

• Like 1

I knew at conception.  I remember being happy because the event was particularly enjoyable and sad because the timing meant a girl.  DH and I had an agreement for two tries at a boy, and I'd liked being an only child.  Later I said "Ouch" while removing my bra.  We never even did a home test.  The next day we were so certain we skipped straight to an official test.  

My early symptom was bloating. Both times. I can't remember exactly how early, but definitely before missed period and testing.

It's been several years since having my boys and there's been a few times I've thought I was pregnant (breast tenderness, dry heaving, cramps, nausea, etc) but wasn't.

Yes, but it wasn't necessarily a 'symptoms' thing.

The first one, I hadn't been on BCP for like, a year and a half, had always payed super-close attention to my cycles, tested if I was too late (I wasn't super regular anyway), and then one day I was on the phone with a friend who had just found out she was pregnant.  As she was talking I was just like wait.... crap.  When was my last period?  Like, 6 weeks ago?  :lol:  I took the test but I knew it would be positive ahead of time.

Same thing with #2, only my cycles were more regular.  I just knew I was.  

#3 was an ectopic, and it was different, but I felt the same strange sensation with both that one and #4 (Pink).  I'm not sure what it was.  I also knew Pink would be a girl, not because of any sort of symptoms, I just did.  I didn't tell anyone that, of course, because I'd sound like a crazy person.  :lol:

I also had specific pregnancy dreams - every time, I would have dreams that DH was cheating.  :lol:  I would wake up so upset at first and then remember that nope, that wasn't real, and there was no way DH would ever do that.  But those didn't ever come till the annoying part of pregnancy where you aren't cute yet (like, what, 6ish months?) but you just feel bloated and gross.  :lol: