Menu

does anyone use SOS for foreign language? I've heard such good things about it

Tina Duke

I saw a post on the old board about Switched on Schoolhouse Spanish. (Don't know where it is know, though.) Anyway the mom said her daughter placed out of Spanish I and II for college and into Spanish III after using SOS I and II.

But I think there are two SOS programs for the upper grades. One is a powerglide program and the other is the one she used. I read negative things about the powerglide one. I believe she recommended the other and said it was labeled I and II, not element and secondary--or something like that.

You might try posting this on the high school board, if it's for the upper program.

If it's for the younger student materials, ignore my post. :)

I saw a post on the old board about Switched on Schoolhouse Spanish. (Don't know where it is know, though.) Anyway the mom said her daughter placed out of Spanish I and II for college and into Spanish III after using SOS I and II.

But I think there are two SOS programs for the upper grades. One is a powerglide program and the other is the one she used. I read negative things about the powerglide one. I believe she recommended the other and said it was labeled I and II, not element and secondary--or something like that.

You might try posting this on the high school board, if it's for the upper program.

If it's for the younger student materials, ignore my post. :)

we are doing french and I was hoping to use this for french but they only have elem and secondary not 1 and 2... thanks so much for your info. this is exactly what I was wondering.. sigh.. bummer.. well.. maybe I will go back to Learnables and use this for Spanish later...

I have not herd smashing review about SOS, however, we have had great luck with Rosetta Stone Spanish and LFC for Latin.

Julie

we've been using it (RStone) free online this year but I'm hearing how they are doing away with the library edition... does yours have a workbook and grammar?