Menu

small gift for guitar teacher?

Alicia64

My son loves his teacher. I've been focused on other things this year and just realized that I didn't pick up a small gift for the teacher.

I'm thinking a plate of homemade cookies. Any other suggestions? He's not married, is in his 50's, quiet, fairly introverted.

Thanks,

A.

Personally I'd go with a plate of goodies along with a gift card. My guitar player is really fussy about picks. Unique ones that I've bought sit on the shelf as decoration, and he didn't like the DIY picks made with the pickmaker. We had a lot of fun buying them, but they just weren't useful.

Edited by Pippen
  • Like 2

I'm in favor of consumables (goodies, gift cards).  Many people don't like a lot of clutter and small gift purchases easily end up as clutter.  Then there is guilt attached in trying to get rid of it.  I convinced DD to go with Starbucks cards for her teachers.

Edited by goldberry

I'm in favor of consumables (goodies, gift cards).  Many people don't like a lot of clutter and small gift purchases easily end up as clutter.  Then there is guilt attached in trying to get rid of it.  I convinced DD to go with Starbucks cards for her teachers.

Okay, this thought is awarded "great point!!" of the year! I totally agree. I've been given so many of those tiny little gifts and then. . . what? I feel terrible about tossing!

I went with a plate of homemade cookies and a gift cert. to the movies!

Thank you everyone!

Alley

• Like 1

We gave our piano and guitar teachers Chick fil A calendars, which come with cards redeemable for free food each month. But we have a Chick fil A right down the street from the church where they teach lessons.

I try to give "teacher gifts" that are either a) consumable, like cookies; or b) regift-able, like a calendar, gift card, etc. Especially when I don't know the teacher well, I want to give more generic gifts that they could regift if they can't use it themselves.