Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

it was so so hot today. 42 oC with a very strong hot wind.

My whole flower garden shriveled up and now looks like dried hay. We don't have enough water to give it a drink. ( well not water that can be wasted on frivolous things like my flower garden). :crying:  :crying: :crying:  

I was overcome with dizziness due to the heat and fell over while trying to rescue ripe blueberries ( picking them) . I picked over 6 kg. They are safely in the freezer now. way too hot to bake them into anything.

DH's mother had a stroke yesterday. She is jut on 94. DH will be going to Canada in the next week or so. :crying:

Tomorrow I have to get up  at 3 am and catch the 4 am bus then train with twins, by myself so I can take them to an access visit in Melbourne. I do not know how I am going to manage taking them to the toilet as the toilet on the train is so tiny that I can hardly fit in there with one twin. What am I going to do with the other one while I take one to the toilet???I am thinking I might have to sort of hold the door open wide and have the other one holding on to my leg or something. Twin one has just yesterday had his full leg casts removed and can hardly weight bare yet and shuffles while holing onto something to walk. I will not take any of my bio children to help on this trip as I want to shield them form the bio parents .

reading over my post I see I am full of the miseries.

Am trying to remember my grandmother's advice that it all depends on my  attitude . Trying to be positive but not finding much to be positive about. Just seeing mountains everywhere.

• Like 1

I don't usually do much on Sundays, but I found out yesterday that oldest ds and his girlfriend are coming here for Christmas after all. It's been on-and-off, and I thought it was off, but he has purchased plane tickets!

So, I need to get some cleaning up done in this house. I got started yesterday, but I need to do some more today. I will also need much of tomorrow, but cannot do anything Tuesday, as youngest ds and I have to travel 3-plus hours to get him to a doctor appointment. We will return late that night, as that is when oldest ds will arrive. 

My specific goals for today are to finish what I started in the kitchen, and to declutter the front room. Tomorrow I will tackle what used to be a guest room but is right now a junk room. 

Edited by MyThreeSons
  • Like 1

I have already blown it.  I meant to be up and at Trader Joe's when it opened at 8 this a.m.  But I am still here in my bathrobe drinking coffee and the clock just struck 8.  Now I don't have enough time.....

Mass

Breakfast

Drive 16 yo to his fused glass art workshop

Drive home 

Groceries?  It'll be so crowded.  I hate crowded stores!

Vacuum and wash living room and dining room floors

P/u 16 from workshop

Take him to work (somehow feed him on the way)

Figure out something for dinner.

:grouphug: Melissa!

Nutcracker is over for another year :party: Dd cried last night when she realized next year will probably be her last one :(

We're going to see Star Wars in 2 hours!

My sisters and family will be here to celebrate Christmas in 8 hours! :eek:

After movie:

--buy gift card for one nephew and chicken breast (me or dh)

--finally decorate tree which has been up w lights for two weeks (all)

--wrap gifts (dh and girls)

--hang new framed photos (dh)

--prep fajitas and veggies (all)

--clean quickly (all)

• Like 1

Good morning

((Melissa))

- laundry- in dryer

- dishes- in dishwasher

- fold laundry

- tidy house- round one done

- start on deep cleaning bathroom (will finish master after I get back from getting my school things tomorrow since what's left is my school area)- toilet, sink and tub scrubbed

- work on school stuff (behind notes, organizing things, getting stuff ready, making lists of things to do and buy....)

- dinner- done

- baths- done

- bedtime routine- 1 down one to go

- anything else I get done- wrapped up gifts, need to buy more wrapping paper and get box from dh's work tomorrow for dd1's bean bag chair, made curtains for bathroom shelving and hung them

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 1

Breakfast - managed by feeding shorties cottage cheese directly out of container and oranges

Coffee

Kill deer - two so far - go boys!

Sit on bottom

Make a plan for getting Christmas gifts done (the homemade ones on the list)

Make a NEW list of needed gifts  - since I forgot which games I gave to MIL and found out last night (while opening gifts at their house) that I repeat bought THREE games.

Shop during naptime

Today I slept in waaay late!  I was up late doing laundry, and I didn't set my alarm because today I have the very rare situation of not needing to be anywhere or send out any emails in the morning.  I didn't finally get out of bed until 12:something.

The kids have Sunday Fun Day and they are watching unauthorized movies and I don't care.

Today's list:

• Laundry.  [last load is in the washer]
  • Exercise.  [did some, will do more later]
  • Work.  I have a lot to finish today.
  • Some reading.
  • Clean kitchen, some clutter.
  • Set up the Christmas tree and let the kids decorate it.
  • Send Christmas card photo to Walgreens for printing.
  • Kids' bath and bedtime.
  • Work.