Menu

How does LCC cover diagramming?

Kim in SouthGa

I must admit that I am intrigued by this. I would love to simplify our schedule. However, I'm not sold on the english grammar part. What about diagramming? And mechanics rules? And spelling? And literature?

Before I shell out money for another book (I am way overbudget this year!), can you tell me if LCC gives specific book recommendations for history and literature for all grades?

Thanks,

What about diagramming?

This is covered by Latin (Henle) and CW.

And mechanics rules?

Copywork and CW.

And spelling?

Copywork, CW, and any supplementary program that an individual student might need.

Before I shell out money for another book (I am way overbudget this year!), can you tell me if LCC gives specific book recommendations for history and literature for all grades?

Yes. :)

HTH!

We are still doing a lesson with Rod and Staff every day. It take about 15 minutes, as we read the lesson and do enough problems orally or on a whiteboard to insure we 'get' the lesson. I can see that in the future this lesson will be redundant and we will drop it. For now, though, it reassures *me*. I also have an 'aspie' ds, so the text-ish, straightforward, no-frills approach of R&S works well for him. The kids are further along in grammar than in Latin and CW, so at the moment those subjects are acting more like a review. I do know that they retain more when grammar is used in a real context, for example as we analyze writing or discuss it in literature readings, so I can see how we will do less 'textbook' grammar in the future. HTH!