Menu

I have done zero Christmas shopping thus far.

Snickerdoodle

I'm done with my kids. Placed an Amazon order for half my extended family. Still need to get for my brother in law (no clue), an aunt and uncle (they gave us a list, we drew them in our name draw), both our moms (ordering a canvas print of a recent photo I took off my boys). I want to get my husband one more thing cause what I got is kinda blah, but I have no clue what!

I'm not finished yet and like Carrie I think the warm weather has made me forget how fast Christmas is approaching.  And now Amazon is playing games with my orders. Stuff that should be delivered tomorrow is showing as not being shipped yet and some things that were supposed to be delivered yesterday are now saying that if they aren't there by tomorrow to contact Amazon for a replacement.  I've never seen that before. Dh's gift hasn't shipped yet either.   I still have  a week so I'm not too concerned but I can't consider any shopping DONE until it actually arrives. 

It'll get done...it always does...but I'm just more behind than usual. 

I just started yesterday morning. A few things ordered from Amazon, Society 6, and Walmart, and a 10:30 pm run to Target to get a Lego set that is completely sold out on Lego, Walmart, Amazon, And Toys R Us, but strangely in-stock at my local Target (the Millennium Falcon - so excited!) and I am done!

• Like 2

I thought I only had my mom and dad left but DH just pulled the "what are the kids' Santa gifts" routine on me. I was happy giving them the Twins the Dungeons & Dragons items they asked for, DD a new set of headphones (these will be her Santa gift), and my youngest the illustrated Harry Potter book. My DH finds everything for the boys lacking in the Santa wow factor department. Now I am tasked to find them wow gifts when we honestly have zero room for such items. I should mention that Christmas is absolutely my least favorite holiday and I would skip it if I could get away with it, which makes this 10x harder.

• Like 1

We're mostly done with the shopping, but I have one more large item to buy. (I'm getting a recliner chair from Ikea for my husband, and I'm a little stumped about how to hide it once I get it home.) I also have craft projects left than I feel certain I can accomplish, especially since I had to order some supplies (mostly fabric) that aren't due to arrive until this week.

We're mostly done with the shopping, but I have one more large item to buy. (I'm getting a recliner chair from Ikea for my husband, and I'm a little stumped about how to hide it once I get it home.) I also have craft projects left than I feel certain I can accomplish, especially since I had to order some supplies (mostly fabric) that aren't due to arrive until this week.

A chair can be difficult to hide! 

Hope your crafts work out. 

Is your daughter going to be home for Christmas? 

Do your neighbors love you? Can you put it in their garage/shed? Put a picture of it under the tree?

• Like 2

Amazon has been my friend.  I was almost done before Thanksgiving.   :lol:  Almost everything except PJs and stocking stuffers are from Amazon.  

I learned not to wait on PJs...with 5 kids to buy for, it's a big project!  They are also pretty picked over close to Christmas.  A couple years ago I waited until 2 days before and the selections were pretty sad.  There was 1 pair left in my oldest DD's size and definitely not her style.  I had to cut off a bow before she'd wear them.   :001_rolleyes:

Gah!  The thought of having no presents bought by this point makes my heart palpitate (in a bad way), LOL.  

I did most of my shopping by Thanksgiving, and most of it was done online (ebay and amazon).

I did order one last minute gift that should be arriving tomorrow.  (Which is still cutting it close, because we do "early Santa" this Friday night, before we travel for the holidays.)

• Like 2

I'm not finished yet and like Carrie I think the warm weather has made me forget how fast Christmas is approaching.  And now Amazon is playing games with my orders. Stuff that should be delivered tomorrow is showing as not being shipped yet and some things that were supposed to be delivered yesterday are now saying that if they aren't there by tomorrow to contact Amazon for a replacement.  I've never seen that before. Dh's gift hasn't shipped yet either.   I still have  a week so I'm not too concerned but I can't consider any shopping DONE until it actually arrives. 

It'll get done...it always does...but I'm just more behind than usual. 

I just spent most of the day on Amazon.  My email's been pinging like crazy with their notifications.  Fortunately, I decided to start clicking on them and discovered one order was cancelled, supposedly by me!  Um, no.  But now I can't bring myself to pay $55 plus shipping to another seller for that $22 item.  Which means I need to attempt to find something to replace it.

And, by the way, when in the ^*&% heck did Littlest Pet Shops become such a huge collector's thing?  The one set (just adult and baby figure) on the letter to Santa is going for $95!!!  Um, no.  

• Like 1

I just spent most of the day on Amazon.  My email's been pinging like crazy with their notifications.  Fortunately, I decided to start clicking on them and discovered one order was cancelled, supposedly by me!  Um, no.  But now I can't bring myself to pay $55 plus shipping to another seller for that $22 item.  Which means I need to attempt to find something to replace it.

And, by the way, when in the ^*&% heck did Littlest Pet Shops become such a huge collector's thing?  The one set (just adult and baby figure) on the letter to Santa is going for $95!!!  Um, no.  

Shortly after I posted my Amazon woes I checked online and the item sent to my sister was still showing as 'hey, if it's not there by Thursday let us know and we'll refund your money or send you another'.  But I checked the tracking number and it had already been delivered when the email was sent to me.  

My dd ordered 13 items from Amazon yesterday. 12 are being delivered tomorrow and the 13th on January 11, even though it's in stock. Weird, huh?  

I hope you can find your LPS item- I do not miss the days when the kids had a hard to find item at the top of their wish list. I'm looking at you, Furby!

My dd ordered 13 items from Amazon yesterday. 12 are being delivered tomorrow and the 13th on January 11, even though it's in stock. Weird, huh?  

is it amazon?  or a third party seller?

I have ordered an item in the past that was in stock, given a six weeks ship date, and had it show up in under two weeks.

is it amazon?  or a third party seller?

I have ordered an item in the past that was in stock, given a six weeks ship date, and had it show up in under two weeks.

It's Amazon and I'm sure it'll show up earlier. It's just a goofy glitch.  She's ok since it's for the baby. 

This week I received a plastic jug of cat litter sent in a box inside another box. The next day I received a puzzle that just had a label slapped on the outside of the puzzle box.  Sometimes Amazon can be weird. 

I did 99% of my shopping online this year and am done, with the exception of dh. He's not only hard to buy for, he's also bad about giving suggestions. He either doesn't know what he wants or doesn't want anything. 

A few items were sent to the store where I bought them (saved on shipping and the store is only 2 minutes from my house), and the last of those should be here and ready for pickup by Monday. I will probably have to go to a store to get something for dh since he promised he'll try and think of something by tomorrow or Friday.  It's likely too late to order whatever I get him from an online source. See above - he'll be the 1% whose gift was not purchased online. 

I'm going to make cookies this weekend. Ds 18 is looking forward to helping. I love that he still enjoys this activity. My 27yo niece and her 7.5 yo twins are coming over next Tuesday to bake cookies that they can take home with them. I started that tradition when she was 8, and we've continued it with her and her children. It makes me feel good that she has such nice memories of our Christmas baking sessions and wants to pass those memories to her own kids. 

I put up our stockings today, which were the last of the decorations. I actually feel ready for Christmas!  :party:

• Like 2

Don't feel bad, I have bought one gift. It wasn't even planned....dd and I went to town to get groceries and saw something my oldest would like, at a great price. Other than that, dd had wanted a phone for Christmas, as her was very very outdated. I just happened to find a great deal on one on a swap board, but the situation was such that she had to be with me when I got it. I decided to consider it a neccessity and not include it as one of her gifts.

I was just able to get the majority of it done yesterday, praying my TeeFury and Redbubble orders come on time!  The hazards of a biweekly paycheck when one of them is your car payment. ;)

Ooh, I hope your TeeFury stuff comes. They sent out an email not too long ago acknowledging they were way behind on filling orders.

I started my New Years shopping last Saturday, now almost all of it is done other than needing to arrive from the various places I ordered from, a town run for Argos and little things like bubble bath and baking ingredients that I like to get in person. Also making picture cards which I like to do last because then I can relax and shopping for my in-laws which is my partner's job.

Thankfully it was easier this year due to both having my internet system pretty down pat now [specialty hops first then ebay and amazon a catchalls for what I cannot get elsewhere at a good price] and the things my kids wanted at the top of their wishlists were simple easy to get thing. We keep year round wishlists [because saying 'I'll put it on your wishlist has worked far too well on their requests and before big events I ask what they want on the top when I'm picking]. Now mostly waiting on the postman. Hopefully yours will go well for you - I hate the shopping and buying lots of thing at once particularly, but it was a relief to having had bought them. 

I did it earlier than usual this year, and one of my kids thought of his most wanted gift about a week after I had ordered all his Christmas.

He still thinks it's going to be under the tree, even though I've told him over and over that he gave the addition to his list to me too late.

His brand of autism doesn't let go easily, and he's so all or nothing in his thinking. I'm afraid his Christmas is going to be a big disappointment.

Sigh.

I have one small thing for each of my kids so far. Tomorrow I will order what I can from online. On Saturday my kids are going to Grandma and Grandpa's to sleepover so that DH and I can go out and finish shopping. Then we will come home and have a quiet evening wrapping presents together.

I almost always end up waiting until this close to Christmas, it usually takes me that long to start feeling in a Christmas mood. Plus I'm really good at procrastinating!!

I did it earlier than usual this year, and one of my kids thought of his most wanted gift about a week after I had ordered all his Christmas.

He still thinks it's going to be under the tree, even though I've told him over and over that he gave the addition to his list to me too late.

His brand of autism doesn't let go easily, and he's so all or nothing in his thinking. I'm afraid his Christmas is going to be a big disappointment.

Sigh.

That's a tough situation. Can you return something else that you got so you can get the most wanted item?

• Like 1

I've done all of mine on Amazon, but I haven't opened a single box!

One year I did that, and had some big surprises when I opened them!

We're keeping Christmas very small and simple this year, so the gap between "haven't started" and "almost done" is pretty small.   :P

I bought stocking stuffers, and I was able to get kid #2 mostly done. I just need to find her the big gift. She asked for a phone, tablet, and e-reader (all three), but she won't get any of these. Her older brother doesn't even have a personal phone. No idea what she'll get.

We have so many toys I'm reluctant to get more for my younger two. Perhaps I'll get some outdoor toys for them.

DH, I have no ideas.

Ha. I still don't have any decorations up yet. And if I could get away with not doing any, I would.

When did I become such a humbug? Oh ya, after being the one who has to put it all away again in January.

As for gifts, well I have a few but not close to done.

Edited by Seasider

I just got an email from SIL that we are doing family Pollyanna with the inlaws this year.  I received this missive this morning.  I live in FL, they all live within an hour of each other in PA and I'm not sure how anything is supposed to get from here to there by Christmas.  You know, if you want to do this why don't you plan it a little earlier? 

Sigh.

Is it something reasonable? Can it be ordered and arrive in time? If yes, can you swap it for another of his presents and keep the other one for bday or other occasion? Just offering suggestions in case you can manage to accommodate his last minute addition, but if it's not doable that's ok too :)